Part 22

They left the restaurant and stood outside it awkwardly. "Now what?" Yoongi asked.

"Mmm, we could go for a walk?" She said, tilting her head to the side. He nodded and reached for her hand, wrapping his larger one around it and starting down the sidewalk. "I still don't know this area super well...so you lead, alright?"

He squeezed her hand in response, looking down at her fondly. "Don't worry princess, I won't get us lost. Want to go anywhere in particular?" He asked. She considered for a moment.

"I kinda want ice cream," she said shyly and he chuckled, brushing his thumb over the back of her hand.

"Ice cream it is," he said, setting off toward a nearby ice cream parlor. He glanced over at her as they walked, the sun setting in the distance and the dimming light reflecting prettily off her features. She caught him looking and blushed, reaching to touch her hair nervously.

"W-what?" She said awkwardly and he smiled, pulling her to a stop and pausing to look at her for a moment. He reached to brush a loose strand of hair behind her ear gently.

"I can't just look at my girlfriend for no reason?" He asked softly, trying to hide the excitement buzzing in his body at the idea that he could call her that. She made a face but blushed furiously behind it, tugging his hand as she started walking again.

"No you creep. And don't say cheesy crap like that," she mumbled, making him laugh out loud. Then he quickly leaned in and brushed his lips against hers and she blinked, her mouth falling open in surprise.

"I get to kiss you when you say mean things, remember?"

"I didn't say anything mean!"

"Called me a creep," he said, tilting his head to the side. "Mean."

She huffed and scowled at him, biting her lip. "You're cute when you're mad," he said, chuckling.

"Oh, so is that why you love to piss me off?" She asked, sounding annoyed.

"It's just so easy," he chuckled, bumping her shoulder with his. She peeked up at him, smiling slightly and he returned it, tugging her toward a door she was going to walk past. "Come on - ice cream. And I'm paying this time."

"I'll allow it," she said, heading in the door.

"It wasn't up for discussion," he replied, laughing. The two of them went to the counter to order, her eyes scanning the flavors in the case. He braced his hand on her lower back, just looking for any excuse to touch her as he watched her look at the choices. "What are you gonna get?" He asked softly as the guy behind the counter waited to take their order.

"Something expensive," she joked, not taking her eyes off the ice cream. He chuckled, shaking his head at her. "How about you?" She asked. He looked up at the worker who was watching her as well.

"Could I just have a scoop of vanilla in a waffle cone?" He said. They boy nodded and prepared it.

"Boooringgg," she sang as Yoongi received his cone, rolling his eyes at her as he licked the sweet cream.

"How about for you gorgeous?" The boy behind the counter asked. Yoongi froze mid lick and blinked at him in surprise. Seriously? He was literally standing right next to her.

"I waaaant," she said, still squinting into the case and not reacting to the boy's flirting. "Black raspberry chip. Also in a waffle cone," she said, smiling at the worker. Yoongi felt his temper rising but he kept his mouth shut. The boy handed her the ice cream and they moved to the register where he rang them up. He told them their total and she turned to Yoongi expectantly, waiting for him to pay. The boy seemed confused as Yoongi dug out his wallet and passed him his card. He took it and handed it back when the payment had processed and she stepped close and pecked the cat right on the lips. "Thanks babe!" She said with a smile, turning and heading over to a little table by the window to eat her cone.