Part 31

Yoongi walked slowly home from the hospital. His head was still throbbing from the concussion and his side ached where his rib was cracked. But it was his heart that really hurt. He knew what he had done was for the best, but he still hated himself for it. He wanted to see her. He wanted her to hold his hand and touch him softly like she always did and help him while he was hurt and kiss him...damn he loved how she kissed him. Soft and slow like they had all the time in the world.

And he had let himself believe they had that time as well. He had let himself relax and love her quietly and now he regretted it. He should have told her every day. He should have kissed her like each day was their last. But then again...that would have made it even harder to say goodbye. And it had to happen. He had to let her go so she could move on and get over him and learn to love someone else instead. Someone safe. Another human, preferably.

And as he continued home he imagined her happy, holding hands and laughing with an unknown human man. Yoongi didn't realize when he started to cry, all he knew was that by the time he collapsed onto his bed after reaching the apartment he was sobbing uncontrollably, sharp pain radiating from his broken rib each time he gasped for a breath.

-

You didn't know how you got home. You didn't know what happened for the next twelve hours. All you knew was that when you woke up you were lying on the floor of your apartment, your neck aching from the angle at which you lay, the floor hard against your hip and your face swollen and raw from crying. You rolled onto your back, staring up at the ceiling blearily. You tried to tell yourself that it hadn't happened, but you knew it was real from the pain in your chest. Yoongi didn't want you anymore. It was too much of a hassle to be with a human and he had pushed you away from him. You wanted him to be happy though, and if life with you would be too difficult you were glad to make it easier for him, you thought bitterly as you crawled to your bed.

You lifted yourself onto your blankets and curled into a ball, forcing your mind to shut back down and sleep again. Hoping you could sleep until you didn't remember his soft smile or the way his fingers felt when they slid over your skin, or the way his eyes sparkled when he played piano - you choked off your thoughts with a sob as you buried your head in the pillow.

-

Yoongi laid in his bed listlessly, his side aching, his dry eyes feeling prickly as he blinked. He had been too tired and upset to fill his prescription on the way home and now pain was radiating from his broken rib with every shallow breath he took. He groaned as he sat up slowly, reaching for his phone. He blinked hard and quickly scrolled past the name with hearts next to it, finding another instead. He hit the contact and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hyung?"

"J-Jimin...I need some help," he mumbled into the phone.

-

There was an annoying noise. You frowned, blinking your eyes open, wishing it would stop. As you slowly became more conscious you realized it was your phone ringing. You ignored it and rolled over. The ringing stopped and you closed your eyes again.

Then the ringing started again and you groaned loudly, sitting up and snatching up the phone, hitting the button angrily and pressing it to your ear.

"What?" You snapped.

"Y/n? Where are you guys?"

Taehyung's innocent and worried voice stung you from the other end of the line and you sighed, pulling your knees to your chest.

"I - I'm not coming in today Tae," was all you said.

"Why not? Where's Yoongi hyu-"

You ended the call, turning your phone off and dropping it onto the bed before curling back up and sleeping again.

-

Jimin helped Yoongi fill his prescription and made him comfortable and didn't ask too many questions and Yoongi was so grateful. He showed up at work the next day, despite the ache in his side. He didn't glance toward the bar, heading straight for the piano. When the clock struck five he placed his fingers on the keys. He stared at them hard. His pale hands on the white keys contrasting starkly against his black sleeves. All black. The usual. He continued to stare at his hands, waiting for them to make music. But instead his eyes filled with tears as he heard her picking on him in his head, bitching about how he never played a full piece. He felt her hovering over his shoulder as he sight read a new piece she had written. He saw her gazing at him in amazement as he stood from playing something she liked.

A teardrop hit middle C. Yoongi blinked as another tear fell and he slowly withdrew his hands from the keys. He shut the cover and stood, crossing to the bar where Taehyung stared at him in surprise, his puppy dog ears perked forward in confusion.

"H-hyung?"

"Sorry, I can't do this tonight," the cat mumbled, sniffing and blinking hard. "It's - my rib hurts too much. I should probably take a few days off. I'll see you pup," he said quickly, before walking out of the bar.

-

"You're quitting?" The dog hybrid asked as you sat across from each other in the cafe, his eyes big and pleading.

"I'm sorry Tae but - I have to go, I just...I need a fresh start." You had tried, you really had. You didn't want to be one of those girls who let a boy ruin their life but - he wasn't just some boy. He was everything and he had crushed you and now you didn't know if you could ever set foot in that bar again, the place where you had met him and fought with him and fallen in love with him.

You sighed. There was nowhere to go but home for now, and you were dreading it, but even your apartment reminded you of him. You hadn't touched your piano in days. Your bed smelled like him. You had to go.

 You had to go

-

Sorry for all the angst.

Don't leave, we'll be happy again I promise.