Part 39

You cuddled in the bed with Yoongi and turned to face him, snuggling yourself against his chest and tangling your limbs so your damp bodies were wrapped around each other. He kissed the top of your head.

"Thank you baby," he said softly.

"Yoongi - you're exactly what I want. Please don't push me away to try and save me, okay? Don't leave me. I need you."

He nodded, tightening his grip on you. "Okay. I promise. I love you."

You fell asleep entwined with each other, feeling happy and content.

-

Yoongi opened his eyes in the small hours of the morning, pink light filtering through the windows as the sun rose. He blinked at the beautiful body next to him, the bare skin of her torso visible above the blankets. She lay slightly on her side, her top half twisted to press her chest into the mattress, her blue and purple hair flowing over her shoulders. Yoongi bit his lip as he looked at her. He wondered what he had done in a previous life to deserve someone as good as her. He tentatively reached his fingers to brush them over her soft skin, almost afraid she would disappear. She hummed a little in her sleep as he ran his long pale fingers up her arm and then down her back. He leaned in and kissed her shoulder softly.

He wanted to get up and shower and make her breakfast - but he also wanted her to wake up in his arms and know that he wasn't leaving her. Know that he had finally accepted that although the odds were against them at every turn he didn't want it any other way. He swallowed and blinked quickly for a moment before gathering her sleeping form in his arms and tugging her against his chest. She hummed again and snaked her arms around his waist in return, nuzzling her face against his bare skin, pressing a tiny kiss to his sternum.

"It's rude to stare," she said in a tiny, sleepy voice. He chuckled as he ran his fingers through her hair and kissed the top of her head.

"That's my line," he said with a smile. They were quiet for a moment as she began to trail her fingers up and down his back softly. "Last night was amazing," he said softly.

"It really was," she agreed with a smile against his chest. "Did I finally convince you I'm worth keeping?" She asked.

"I already knew you were worth keeping babe," he said with a frown. "I wish you hadn't picked me. But damn am I glad you did."

"You're contradicting yourself," she said, looking up at him with a little grin. God he loved when she smiled at him. She reached up and touched his ears and he purred involuntarily. She giggled and continued to stroke them, pressing her own ear to his chest as she did so.

"What are you doing?" He murmured, his deep and husky morning voice also rumbling in his chest along with the purr.

"Listening. It's beautiful," she smiled. He felt himself blushing a little and squirming uncomfortably. "Hey. Hold still," she snapped, keeping her ear pressed to his chest. "Talk to me."

"What do you want me to say?" He asked awkwardly.

"Anything," she said. "I could listen to your voice all day." He felt so shy and awkward that he covered his face with his hands and rolled onto his back, making her giggle and push up onto her elbows, tugging at his hands. "What did I say that made you so shy kitty cat?" She asked. He didn't relent his hands, keeping them over his face as she tugged gently at his wrists.

"Leave me alone," he whined, but she just chuckled.

"Which part was it that made my lil kitty so shy?" She asked again. He just whined and tried to roll away from her, but she kept him on his back, trying to peek through his fingers to see his face. "Was it...your voice? I love your deep voice Yoonie it's so relaxing. Oh, no! I know what it was. It was cause I said beautiful wasn't it?" He whimpered and finally relented his grip, letting her tug his hands away from his face. She was looking down at him and smiling. "And why can't I call you beautiful? It's true," she said, her voice soft and more serious now as she looked at him.

Yoongi wasn't sure why his eyes were filling with tears as he looked up at her. But he blinked and felt one trickling out of the corner of his eye into his hair and when he inhaled his breath was shaky and she tugged him into a sitting position and crawled onto his lap, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders as she pressed kiss after kiss to his cheeks and his lips, rubbing his back softly.

"You're so beautiful baby," she murmured to him again and again. "I love your pretty porcelain skin. I love your soft black hair and your silky fur. I love your dark eyes and your pink lips. I love the way your chest rumbles when you purr. I can go on?" She asked. He just sniffed and buried his head in her shoulder so she continued. "I love the way you look when you play the piano. I love the way the music sounds when it comes out of your hands." He choked on a sob and tightened his arms around her, crushing her body against his and she hugged him back just as fiercely. He felt so stupid, crying for no reason like this. It just...it felt so good to hear those words, especially from someone who meant so much to him. He pulled back after a moment, swallowing hard and wiping at his face. She leaned in and kissed him then, softly but firmly, her hands in his hair. He kissed her back, holding onto her and never wanting to let go.

-

Later that day she was seated at the piano, working on a piece she was writing while he sat on the couch, half listening as he scrolled through his phone. She growled in frustration and he looked up in interest at the sound. She looked back over her shoulder at him and pouted her lips out.

"Baby will you come help me with this?" She asked, batting her eyelashes at him. He rolled his eyes but smirked as he stood and headed toward her. She hopped up from the bench happily to make room for him and pointed to the top of the page. "Here, I'm not getting it right. You play it so I can hear," he nodded and began playing what she had notated. He saw the problem spot before he reached it.

He knew what she had intended to write, he knew how she wanted it to sound but he played it as it was written instead so she would catch it and fix it the way she wanted. As soon as he hit the notes she stopped him, reaching in to change the notation. He backed up a couple bars and started again, nodding as he played knowing it was right now. She smiled as well and wrapped her arms around his neck as he continued to play, resting her chin on the top of his head.

"Hard to play like this," he mumbled, looking down at his hands.

"Struggle then," she said happily, not relenting her arms from around his neck. He chuckled and after a few more bars he gripped her forearms and tugged her around, making her sit forcefully on the bench next to him. He shoved her shoulders back so she was leaning back against the piano keys, a loud messy chord ringing out through the apartment as he leaned over and kissed her deeply. She giggled into the kiss and slid her hands up and into his hair, tugging his face against hers as she returned his kiss. She eventually pushed him back and shoved at him until he got off the piano bench. "Beat it cat, I'm tryna work," she said.

"I suggest you be nice to me if you're tryna eat," he retorted and she quickly rearranged her facial features into a pout, looking up at him cutely.

"I'm sorry Yoonie, please feed me, I'm hungry," she whined. He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"What do you want, brat?" He asked heading for the kitchen.

"Whatever you're making baby," she called, resuming her work on the piece.

Yoongi smiled as he began to prepare dinner to the sounds of the piano tinkling under her fingers in the background.

-

Thanks for reading 🖤