Part 36

Mom: Your father's business trip got cut short.
Mom: He'll be accompanying me.
Mom: We can't wait to see you.

You glanced down at your phone again in annoyance as you sipped coffee in the kitchen.

"So...your dad is coming then. What does that mean?" Yoongi asked tentatively, wrapping his large hands around his own cup of coffee. You were so annoyed and fed up with this whole situation but when you looked over at him, his black hair still damp from his shower and his silky ears turned a bit, giving away his discomfort you couldn't help but relax a little.

You sighed. "It means the visit will be far more uncomfortable but also far shorter. My father doesn't like to linger at social occasions." You were quiet for a moment and then you set your coffee down to look at him seriously. "Listen, Yoongs - please don't take anything that man says to heart. Okay? Anything he says to me, or to you - he's kind of a dick. So just. Don't let him hurt you, alright?"

"You're not doing anything to alleviate my discomfort you know," he said with a chuckle. "But alright, if you say so."

"Kiss me please?" You asked softly, hoping to distract yourself from your worry. He smiled and stepped toward you slowly, pinning you against the counter with his hips and cupping your face in one of his hands. He slowly leaned in and pressed his lips to yours, knowing what you needed right now. He kissed you firmly and deliberately, his lips moving against yours in a steady rhythm. You kissed him back a little more heatedly, gripping his hips and tugging him more firmly against you before sliding your hands up his abdomen, letting one of them drift beneath his shirt and over his solid muscular form. You were breathing heavily and you bit down on his bottom lip, making him inhale sharply and involuntarily tighten his grip on you.

"Babe won't they be here soon? We should -"

"Yoongi please," you murmured, slipping your lips along his jaw. His eyes fluttered closed and he let out a tiny moan as you applied languid, open mouthed kisses along his neck. Your phone began to ring and you detached your mouth from him with a groan, dropping your head to his chest and sighing deeply. He patted your back, taking deep breaths. You grabbed your phone.

"Hello? Hi mom. Okay, I'll be right down. Yes. I know, I'm coming. Bye." You hung up and set the phone down, taking a deep breath. "Alright, be right back."

"But - shit babe, you look like we were just making out," he said, biting his lip nervously.

"We were," you said with a smirk, raising an eyebrow. He huffed, running his fingers through his hair. "Will you make some more coffee? Make it a little strong. And go put on some pants that don't have holes or my mom will be a real bitch about it. Be right back," you said, kissing him quickly.

You darted out and hurried down the stairs and out the doors of the apartment building, your eyes searching for their car and landing on a sleek black sedan that was idling against the curb. You stepped close to it and waited as the driver got out and opened the door. He helped your mother out and she walked straight for you with a smile, her heels clacking on the pavement as she wrapped you in a hug and squeezed you tightly, her head barely coming past your chin.

"Hi ma," you said softly and she pulled back and gave you a smile.

"Hello sweetheart. I would kiss you but I just touched up my lipstick. It's wonderful to see you."

"You too mom," you said, looking over her shoulder as a man stood out from the car. Your mother stepped to the side as your father approached you, his calculating eyes taking in every detail of his surroundings. He was tall, towering over you and your mother, his silver hair slicked back against his head. "Hello dad," you said, inclining your head slightly.