Part 49

You were back at the hospital for a follow up. Yoongi wheeled you in the chair, but when you reached the examination room you stood on your own and turned to sit on the table. He smiled and helped you get back up and slip your jeans off so the doctor could see.  

You were smiling when he wheeled you back out of the hospital, the doctor having said you should start physical therapy that week. Your stitches weren't quite ready to come out, but now that you could stand you needed to walk. He had also refilled your prescription for your pain pills, assuring you it was normal to still be in pain. You were a bit concerned with how the PT would go when the pills partially numbed you, but you pushed that thought aside for the moment.

"Dr. Kim, huh? That's your physical therapist's name?" Yoongi asked when the two of you got home, slipping his arm around your waist and taking most of your weight as you shuffled to the couch. You hummed in response as he headed to the kitchen to make tea. "I know some Kims. Not sure if they're doctors though," he called.

"Everyone knows someone named Kim," you called back, rolling your eyes.

"Excuse me?" He said, poking his head in the living room. "Are you talking back to me?"

"Hm, what are you going to do about it if I am?" You asked, giggling.

"I'm not afraid to spank a cripple," he replied, pointing accusingly before ducking back into the kitchen as you laughed.

-

Your first physical therapy session was on a Friday and Hoseok had offered to drive you when you told Tae about it since neither you or Yoongi had a car. You kissed Yoongi goodbye as he handed you into the car. The bar was reopened and Yoongi and Taehyung had to work, so Tae stayed with Yoongi and you were riding with just Hoseok. You hadn't really spent any time alone with him and you felt a bit awkward.

"Thank you again for driving me," you said softly. He glanced over at you.

"No problem. That's what we're for you know? You have a support system. I mean I know Tae's your best friend and I'm just his boyfriend, but I like you too, I'm here to help," he chuckled looking back at the road. You smiled into your lap happily.

"Okay. Thank you Hobi oppa," you said softly, making both of you grin. You popped one of your pain pills in anticipation for the appointment when you arrived as Hoseok got out and came around to help you into the building. You went inside and there was a tall, handsome man standing at the reception desk wearing ordinary looking clothes.

"Yes Dr. Kim," the receptionist was saying to him. He turned and smiled at the two of you, nearly knocking your feet out from beneath you with his strikingly handsome looks.

"Oh! Jin hyung, I didn't realize this was your office!" Hoseok said, smiling at the man. Dr. Kim just nodded and shook Hoseok's free hand, his other clutching your waist.

"And this must be y/n. Hello," Dr. Kim said, squinting kindly at you, his full lips forming a small smile.

"Hello," you said softly, inclining your head slightly.

"Hyung, y/n here is dating Yoongi hyung," Hoseok said to the doctor. His face lit up and he smiled.

"Is that so! Well I've heard a little bit about you then! Not much, you know...it is Yoongi we're talking about, but still," he chuckled. "My boyfriend and I have a hybrid ourselves who is friends with Taehyung."

You weren't totally sure what he meant about all that, but you nodded anyway. The pill was hitting you a little hard - you had taken it an hour or so early and the numbness was really creeping in. They took you back into the room and Dr. Kim explained what he would be doing with you over the next few weeks to build strength back up in your leg and help you get back to walking on your own. He showed you a few stretches and little exercises to do at home and had you go through them a couple times to be sure you understood and then said you were done for the day after about forty five minutes.