Part 16

Yoongi woke up in a bad mood in her apartment, having barely slept at all and been awoken by all the bright light and the sound of her kettle whistling. Why was she up so early on a day off? He groaned and rolled over, pulling her covers over his head. He expected her to bug him about getting up, but she didn't, turning the kettle off quickly and sitting quietly at the table, scribbling in a notebook as she sipped her tea. He actually thought she was trying to be quiet to let him sleep more and he appreciated it, but in a studio apartment it was essentially pointless, he was awake anyway so he crawled out of the bed and came over to sit next to her at the table. He let his eyes drift closed and sat there in half sleep while she absentmindedly reached out to touch his ears with her left hand, her right still writing in the notebook. When she was finished she withdrew her hand from him and flipped the notebook shut, the sudden absence of her touch making him blink himself awake.

"I'm hungry," he whined, stretching and yawning. She giggled and he scowled at her. "What's funny?"

"You're cute in the mornings," she replied. He scowled in response.

"I'm not cute," he said with a pout, knowing his puffy face and messy bedhead would be saying otherwise. "I'm dangerous."

"Whatever you say. You want to go get breakfast or eat toast here?" She asked, standing.

"Toast," he grumbled, not wanting to go out into the cold. They ate and took turns showering and when they were both clean and dressed, him in his pants from last night and the shirt he had lent her previously which was slightly tight across his chest as well, he plopped down at the piano and began sight reading the piece she had been working on. When he finished it he frowned, flipping back a page. "I like it, but - don't you think this part should be more like this?" They went through it and argued over the page in question for a while. She pushed him over on the bench, sitting next to him and demonstrating the part the way she had intended. It sounded completely different from when he played it though, and she was having trouble getting it notated to sound correct.  She was getting frustrated and he suggested they take a break. She stomped to the kitchen and made tea just for something to do. He followed her, hesitating before getting too close.

She was scowling at the counter, her hands clenched at her sides. "I'm sorry I'm not getting it," he said.

"Oh shut up Yoongi, you know it isn't that you aren't getting it, you're playing exactly what's on the page, the problem is me." She sighed and braced her hands on her hips.

"Well maybe we could," he began to offer, quieting when her eyes cut to his angrily. He tried a different tactic - it seemed she didn't respond well to 'nice'. "Well if you weren't such a perfectionist maybe we could just move on," he said, making his voice sound annoyed.

"I'd rather be a perfectionist than somebody who only half does things," she said.

"Are you really bitching about the way I play at the bar again right now?" He asked, getting actually annoyed now, his temper rising. "You know, it's exhausting to play for five hours straight. Playing actual entire piano pieces well from start to finish is hard work and I prefer to just do what it takes to get me through the shift. I never used to play anything in entirety before you came along, I played whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and no one complained about it," he said, stepping closer to her. She scowled up at him defiantly.

"Maybe no one complained about it because they didn't want to mess with the mean, stuck up alley cat who thinks himself some kind of musical genius, but I'm just not scared of you," she said, stepping closer to him in turn and looking up at him stubbornly.

"I can't stand you," he growled through clenched teeth, so close now that the air buzzed between them, their breath mixing in the inches of space between their mouths.

"The feeling is mutual," she breathed. The room was silent for a moment, so quiet he was sure he could hear her heart pounding against her ribs as loudly as his own, and then they were lunging for each other, crashing their lips together feverishly.

Her hands flew to his head, sliding back to tangle in his hair and he immediately gripped her hips, tugging her body flush against his. He pressed his lips against hers solidly and she kissed him back, moving her own lips against his hungrily. It was as if they were releasing all their pent up emotions, all the feelings they had for each other that they had bottled up since they met they were now forcing out. His hands slid over her back, and her fingers slid up to touch his ears, making him groan against her. He kissed her urgently, the taste of her lips against his and her sweet scent in his nose driving him absolutely crazy. They were breathing heavily through their noses and she released a little moan into his mouth. He felt himself getting a little too excited and he broke the kiss, pulling back from her and breathing heavily.

He looked down at her, the last traces of anger leaving her eyes and he knew what she must see as she looked up at him, his hair sticking out messily from her fingers sliding through it, his lips feeling swollen and his eyes unfocused with desire. He saw all of that mirrored back on her face and he had to grip the counter to prevent himself from physically attacking her red lips again, now that he knew how good she tasted. He turned away and squeezed his eyes shut, shaking his head to rid himself of the burning need he felt for her.

"No, no - we can't - I should....I should go," he said, running his fingers through his hair starting for the door. She grabbed his arm, making him stop and glance back at her. What he saw there made him pause and he knew he wouldn't leave now, not if she threw him out. He could see the same desire that he felt for her reflected back at him, but it was more than just physical lust, it was a deep desire for him, and he had never had anyone look at him like that before. Especially not a human. It was thrilling and terrifying at the same time.

"Yoongi, I - please don't go," she said in a small voice. So he didn't. He turned back to her and wrapped his arms around her, tucking her head into his chest and resting his chin on the top of her head. Her arms came around him as well and they stood in the kitchen holding each other for a long time.

 Her arms came around him as well and they stood in the kitchen holding each other for a long time

-

🖤🖤🖤