Part 30

They wouldn't let you back while they took x-rays and scanned him so you sat nervously in the waiting room. Eventually a doctor came out and called for Yoongi's owner. You rushed to him, shoving your hair out of your tear stained face.

"Please sir - he doesn't have an owner but I'm here for him. C-can I see him?"

The doctor considered for a moment, frowning at you. He nodded. "He is sleeping but you can see him briefly." He led you to the room where Yoongi was laid out on the bed, his black clothes missing and a hospital gown on him beneath the blankets instead. He looked wrecked and you choked up at the sight. His bottom lip was split and he had a couple stitches in the cut on his cheek bone, that whole side of his face was colorfully bruised. You wanted to touch him, but you held your hands to your side, turning to the doctor instead.

"He's got a cracked rib and a slight concussion, but he should be fine. He can go home when he wakes up," the doctor said, handing you a prescription for pain meds. "There isn't much we can do for the rib, it will have to heal on its own so he can take these to help manage that. You'll have to go back out to the waiting room while he rests, and I'll have them call you back when he wakes up."

"Wait, can't I stay with him?" You asked, gesturing to the chair by the bed. He just shook his head.

"I'm afraid we can't allow that. If you were his owner it would be different. You should consider officially adopting your pets instead of just running around with them."

"He isn't my pet, he's my boyfriend!" You insisted angrily but the doctor just shook his head and held his arm toward the door.

"I'm sorry ma'am."

You stormed back out to the waiting room and settled in. You eventually dozed off in the chair and woke hours later to a nurse tapping you lightly on the shoulder.

"Excuse me miss, are you here with Yoongi? He is awake."

You scrambled to your feet and nodded, following the nurse back to his room. Yoongi was sitting up in the bed and you rushed to his uninjured side, picking up his hand and pressing it to your face.

"Yoongs, I'm so sorry," you said, tears creeping up your throat.

"Y/n," he said, his voice flat and emotionless and you pulled back in surprise at his tone, looking down to see him staring at his lap, avoiding your gaze. "You should go," he mumbled.

"Oh, yeah, we should get going, they said you could go home when you woke up so-"

"No," he said, his tone flat and determined, tugging his hand gently away from your grasp. "You should go."

You blinked in surprise and stepped back from the bed. "What do you mean?" He sighed deeply, finally looking up at you. His dark eyes were empty, his face blank.

"Why are we kidding ourselves? This was never going work. We aren't the same species y/n. We have the world against us and we-"

"Stop! No, Yoongi stop, please," you begged, tears springing to your eyes as you took another step back from the bed, panicking as he spoke. "Please, don't say anything else. What happened last night wasn't -"

"What happened last night is how it will always be for us though. I don't want that, and you deserve better. So please go."

He held your gaze as he spoke slowly, being sure you understood each word, keeping his resolve as he pushed you away. Tears were now streaming down your face though and you shook your head.

"Yoongi please, we'll be fine, don't do this. I need you." You said, crying in earnest as you begged him to stop.

-

Yoongi felt tears sting the back of his own eyes and he blinked quickly, looking away from her. That was only the second time a human had ever said they needed him, and although it ripped his heart in two to do it he knew he had to shove her away. He knew if he looked back at her again he wouldn't be able to keep from crying so he turned his head, avoiding her gaze.

"Please go y/n," he said softly. "You're making this difficult. Just leave me alone."

"Yoongi no - please - I love you!"

Yoongi's heart stopped. His hands clenched the sheets as he stared at his lap. Did she really just say that? She loved him? He shook his head, the sudden movement making him wince with pain. She couldn't love him. And if she did, all the more reason she needed to be as far away from him as possible. What if it was her some assholes jumped next time? He couldn't let her get hurt because of him.

"Just go," he said, barely above a whisper, turning his face away from her.

-

Your heart shattered into a million pieces and you stumbled for the door. You loved him. You said it and you had meant it and he had pushed you away and now it was over. You left, sobbing and as soon as Yoongi heard the door shut he curled into himself on the bed, allowing himself to cry as well.

 You left, sobbing and as soon as Yoongi heard the door shut he curled into himself on the bed, allowing himself to cry as well

-

Yep that's it, that's the whole chapter.

Sorryyyy 🖤🖤🖤