Part 23

Yoongi woke in the morning to the sound of the tea kettle whistling but you quieted it quickly, pouring the water into a mug. "Make me some while you're there," he mumbled, not moving yet.

"I didn't mean to wake you," you said softly from the kitchenette as he slowly sat up. You looked over at him, his black hair sticking up in all directions as he rubbed his eyes, a soft pout on his pink lips. You smiled and made two mugs of tea, crossing the room toward him. You handed him a mug and sat next to him on the bed as you sipped yours.

"Stop it," he grumbled, sipping his own tea.

"Stop what?"

"Looking at me like that. I know you're about to say I'm cute again and I don't want to hear it," he said in a pout, his morning voice deep and husky. You giggled and ruffled his ears, earning you a glare.

"But you are cute kitty cat."

"Don't call me a kitty cat either," he said, still pouting.

"But you are a kitty cat," you said, rolling your eyes.

"I'm a cool pianist DJ hybrid," he said with a scowl, making you burst into a fit of giggles. You set your tea down and stood next to the bed, taking his cup as well. You tugged on his arm and he scooted to the edge of the bed, his lips pushed out cutely and his eyes puffy with sleep. You smiled and ran your fingers through his hair.

"You are all of those things and also my cute little kitty cat," you said. He growled low in his throat, his eyes flashing but then he smirked.

"Fine. What will you give me?" He said, tilting his head back at you.

"Give you?"

"If I let you call me cute. What will you give me?"

You thought for a moment. "Hmm...ear scratches?" You said, reaching for his ears. He caught your wrists though and pulled your hands to your sides.

"You give me ear scratches anyway. What else?"

"Ummm extra honey in your tea?"

"No," he pouted. You sighed in exasperation.

"Well why don't you tell me what you want you goofy cat."

"Kisses."

"I already give you kisses," you said, rolling your eyes.

"Nu uh," he said, dropping his eyes shyly. "I...mostly give you kisses."

You blinked in surprise, thinking. "But I...I kissed you at the train station..."

"On the cheek," he mumbled, blushing. His hands drifted to rest on your hips, releasing your wrists and he looked up at you through his lashes. You were frowning, thinking of the kisses you had shared.

"I kissed you last night at the ice cream parlor-"

"That was to make a point though," he said softly. He was right. All the real kisses you had shared had been rushed and needy and you hadn't initiated any of them. You wanted to fix that.

You took his face in your hands gently, cupping his cheeks and tilting his head up toward you. You searched his eyes for a moment, seeing hope and softness there, and then you leaned in slowly, closing your eyes and brushing your lips over his gently. His eyes fluttered shut at your soft touch and you increased the pressure slightly, moving your lips against his carefully. He kept his hands braced against your hips and responded to your kiss, moving his own lips against yours in answer. You slid your fingers into his hair, carding through it and brushing his ears. You continued to kiss him, softly and slowly for several minutes and he allowed you to do so, without trying to change your pace or take control.