Chapter Seventeen

Miyeon and I were walking on the beach after eating at a fancy restaurant. I suddenly felt a hand on mine. I looked down at our hands, she entangled her fingers with mine. I looked back up at her and she gave me a smile. A walk on the beach at sunset with her holding my hands. This was so romantic.

We stopped and Miyeon took off her jacket, she laid her jacket on the sand. She sat there and she hold my hand. She pulled me to her until I was sitting in between her legs, my back against her chest. We've been quiet for a long minutes while looking on the sea. This was how I pictured it would be like with Miyeon. I felt her brush her fingers through my hair.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Maybe we could have a beach wedding someday?" She chuckled.

"I-I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. Why couldn't I see myself marrying her?

"No beach wedding then." She said. "Maybe we should just stick to the traditional church wedding."

I didn't answered.

"Jennie..." She called.

I turned my head to look at her. She cupped my chin with her fingers.

"I love you, Jennie." She said. I stared blankly at her for a few seconds. She kissed me and I immediately pulled away from the kiss. That was when I realized something. Romance is all well and good... but it wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want an ordinary love like this. I wanted to drown in passion and be ravaged. I want mad, passionate love. It was something only one woman had shown me.

"Let's go home." I said.

"Is something wrong?" She asked with a creased forehead.

Yes, there's something wrong with my head... "None, I just want to go home."

Miyeon drove me to our house after that.

"Daddy." I looked like a kid when I hugged him while he is sitting in the couch inside the library, reading a book.  He put the book down the side table and he took of his glasses.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked, worried, as he brushed his fingers through my hair.

I shook my head.

"Come on. You know you can talk to me about anything." He said in warm and gentle voice.

I let out a deep sigh. I was confused with everything. With how my mind worked, how it couldn't stop thinking about Lisa. And my body wanting her so bad. It was driving me insane. I don't know what to do now. I don't have anyone to tell about this. Not even Jisoo, Wendy or Rosé.

I rested my head on daddy's chest. "How did you know you were in love with Mommy?"

"Ah, I see." He chuckled. "Is my little Jennie now a lady in love?"

I didn't say anything.

He looked down at me with a reminiscent smile on his face. "I just... knew. It's one of those things that you have to have a gut feeling about. We just knew."

"Is it possible to fall in love with the person you don't even like?"

He laughed softly. "You don't need to choose who would you fall with, if when or if how. It just happens. Our hearts have minds of their own. You can make lists in your head about what you want in a person but you'll never really know what and who you want until it's right in front of you, sweetheart."