Chapter Forty-Eight

Jennie's POV

Dad and I stayed at Nayeon's condominium. Dad used her room and I used the guest's room while she was in the hospital. He decided to stay here in Seoul because he wanted to take care of Nayeon. It had already been three weeks and she still hadn't woke up. The good news was that she was now in a stable condition. They tried everything they could but it was up to her and her body to wake up.

Lisa and I still couldn't find the right moment to tell that about our plan to get married. I thought dad still needed a little more time to recover from what happened to Nayeon before we tell him. I could see it was hard on him, on all of us. Everyone was still stressed out so we decided to keep our mouth shut about it for awhile. Lisa and I meet regularly Everytime she visits in the hospital. But it had to be out of dad's sight.

I heard the door outside open. I had already taken a shower and was getting ready to go to the hospital. I knew it was dad. Sometimes, he spends the night in the hospital to look after Nayeon and then he goes home in the morning.

I swung my bag on my shoulder and got out of my room. And I was right, it's dad. I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you going to Nayeon?" He asked.

"Yes, dad." I smiled. " Do you want me to make a coffee for you? "

" No, that's alright, darling. You go ahead." He said.

" Okay. Bye, dad. I love you." I sweetly said.

"I love you too. Be careful on the road." He reminded.

I went to the parking lot and got inside my car. I drove to the hospital and found that Jeongyeon was already there. There's no day she didn't visit Nayeon. She had always been by her side from day one.

When I got there, Jeongyeon was patting water soaked cotton on Nayeon's lips. She does that everyday to put moisture on her lips. She massages Nayeon's legs so that her muscles won't sleep and it will not be hard for her to walk when she already woke up. She also gives her spongebath every other day. She didn't leave Nayeon. I could see how much she loves Nayeon and how devoted she was to her.

"Hi." She smiled when she noticed me standing on the side of the bed.

"Hi." I smiled back at her. "How is she?"

"Still as beautiful as ever." She answered stroking her hair with her fingers.

I let out a low chuckle as I looked at her on her bed. "Yeah ..." Then my eyes averted to the small bump on her tummy. "You're baby is getting bigger. It's starting to show."

She smiled and patted her tummy. " I know. Nayeon really need to wake up soon before our baby come out. I want her to be there when I give birth. " She sighed heavily and looked at Nayeon.

" Of course, she's going to be there! Nayeon will not let that pass." I cheerfully said to lighten up the mood. I couldn't imagine how stressful it was to be in Jeongyeon's situation, being pregnant and being dealt with this. Beside this, she's still working on the divorce papers with her husband. Sometimes I wonder how she does it all.

"Hey, I have a doctor's appointment today for the baby." She said, looking down at her wrist watch. "I need to go for awhile."

"Sure, I will take care Nayeon." I said.

"Thank you. " She said with a smile. She leaned over to Nayeon and gave her a kiss on the forehead before she left.

I sat on the armchair next to Nayeon's bed. I stared at her for awhile and took her hand in mine.

"Nayeon... Unnie... It feels weird calling you unnie." I chuckled quietly and then I took in a deep breath. " Lisa already asked me to marry her. I hope you understand us. We love each other and I don't want to lose her. You don't have to worry about me. I can stand on my own right now. If she tried to fool me again. I will choke her neck. Nayeon, I know Lisa loves me too and I don't see any reason why we can't be together. There's Jeongyeon and you will also have a baby. You already have them. They're just waiting for you to wake up, we all are. I want to be happy with Lisa too. "