Chapter Thirty

Jennie's POV

The past month I spent with Lisa had been nothing but bliss. A woman like her is wild. You can't take her or change her. I just meet her half way and accept her for who she really is. She may be possessive and too protective but she was also capable of being caring and sweet in her own ways. She may not be perfect but she was perfect for me in everyway. Things won't ever be the same for me, not without her. I silently stood there for a couple of seconds and watched as she lifted her cup to her lips and took a tiny sip from it. I silently sighed. I was truly in love with this moody bastard. Not a moment later, she looked up at me when she probably felt my presence.

She smiled and held her hand out. I walked towards her and took her hand, she pulled me to her, making me sit on her lap.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning." I answered back with a smile, my hand playing on the back of her neck. "You didn't wake me up to cook for your breakfast."

"It's fine." She huskily whispered, kissing me under my ear. "I know I tired you out last night."

"You always do." I rolled my eyes.

She let out a rough chuckle before nuzzling her face on my neck and breathed in.

My hands went up to her head and I ran my fingers through the back of her hair. "Today's our monthsary." I heard myself say out loud and I immediately regretted it, it was supposed to be just a thought.

"Huh?" She suddenly stopped and looked at me.

"I mean, it's... it's been exactly a month ago since the first time we, um, made love." My cheeks heated and I glance away.

"Monthsary, huh?" She nodded her head. "Is that what it's called?"

"That's what my friends call it." I mumbled.

"So it's basically little anniversaries for months, is that right?" She asked.

"Kinda like that."

She chuckled a little and I felt really embarrassed. What was I thinking? This was Lisa. She would just probably find this silly and juvenile.

"I feel old. I don't know what's cool anymore." She said with a slight hint of apology after her chuckle died.

A small smile formed on my lips as I tried to surpress my laugh. She pinched my chin and lifted it up, making me look at her.

"Happy monthsary." Her eyes were warm as it looked at me.

"Happy monthsary." I replied, wrapping my arms around her neck. She gave me a deep and passionate kiss on the lips and we were both breathless when we broke away. My heart squeezed with happiness and my insides went to mush. I thought the idea of it would scare her... It was somewhat like adding finality in our relationship. But it didn't seem to bother her a bit. I can now call her my girlfriend.

"How should we celebrate our first month together?" She grinned cheekily and playfully wiggled her brows.

"How 'bout you take me out on a date, lover boy." One corner of my lips lifted up.

"Okay." She sighed.

"You don't want?" I said, softly. I pouted my lips.

"No, I just thought we could spend all day together, here alone..." She said, her slowly face moving closer to mine. I quickly moved away. "We always do that. We rarely go outside. Please?" I gave her the puppy dog eyes.