Chapter Twenty-Three

Jennie's POV

I was done unpacking and putting my clothes in the closet. This was now my new home. I should be happy that I was finally with Lisa but the sudden realization of this whole situation sank into me. I didn't know what to expect from Lisa. Right after we left the restaurant she never uttered a single word. She never showed anything other than icy indifference. Her room was done in black and white with a muted gray colored scheme. Heavy, dark mahogany furnitures sat like sentinels against the walls. A black four post queen sized bed with a great and dark blue comforter draped over it. Her delicious scent lingered in the room, making me miss her. I let out a frustrated sigh. She is the only one missing here.

I felt my heart constricting painfully. We're in the same roof but she still ignore me. I know that black mailing her is a wrong thing but that is the last thing I thought for me to be close to her. But what if what I did would just draw her further away from me? What if all these backfires on me? I can't let that happen. I would do everything to win her love, no matter what it takes. I would love her so hard she would have no choice but to love me back.

It's already 1 am in the morning but Lisa is still not going inside here. I had already taken a bath and finished a movie and I still hadn't seen her. The bedroom in her unit is only one so she doesn't have any choice but to be here beside me. Except she chose to sleep in the couch rather to be here in the bed. There was no way I will sleep alone tonight. I have the cards. I will not let her to be dominant here. I quickly got out from the bed to check on her. I went outside the room but I didn't saw her in the living room. I saw a light pass by the crack of the door on the left of the living room, just right across the bedroom. I walked my feet and went there, opening the door.

Lisa was sitting in front of the desk in the middle of the room with her eyes fixed on the computer. I approached her and stopped in front of her. She paused to look up at me with her broodingly dark eyes, her eyes raking over me in a way that makes certain parts tingle.

"What are you doing here?" She coldly asked as her eyes narrowed at me.

I licked my lips and bit the bottom of it, slightly intimidated by her hostility. "Aren't you going to sleep?"

"I still have many things to do." She said before flicking her attention on the screen.

"It's already 1:30 in the morning and we still have work tomorrow." I said.

"Can't you understand me? Why do you have to care? I have many things to do!" She raised her voice in an angered demeanor. "Will you just fucking leave me alone? You already got what you want, right?"

I fliched in surprise. I was both taken aback and a bit scared. I never had anyone shout at me and I had never seen her this angry. But I was quick to compose myself. No one had ever shouted at me like that! This woman is too much. I had been nothing but patient and docile to her, which was totally the opposite of me, and this is what I will get from her? The bitch part of me was screaming to be let out. I'll show her!

I flawlessly walked behind her like a model in a catwalk with my chin held high. Placing my hands on both her shoulders. I leaned down and brought my lips to her ear. "Unfortunately for you, I'm in control here. Not you." I said in a mocking tone. My hands started rubbing her shoulders. "I'll give you ten minutes. I will wait for you in the bed." I whispered before gently biting her earlobe, my lips traveled to her. I heard her soft gasped and a sly smile crossed my lips. I nuzzled her jaw and pressed soft kisses to her cheek. "Ten minutes, Ms. Manoban."

After that I went outside the library and went back inside the room. There's still no 10 minutes had passed when she followed me. She went straight to the bathroom and then I heard the shower running. I snickered to myself.