Chapter Twenty-Six

Jennie's POV

I was in the shower, getting ready for work. Until now I can't still move on for the two days vacation we spent in the lake house. Yesterday, we took a dip in the lake, and then relaxed and talked before we decided to go home. I was still hung over from yesterday. If we can only stay there a little longer I will loved it. I didn't want to leave that place but we had to. Lisa had many works left. Next time we go back to that place, it would be our honeymoon.

I hope nothing will change to us. I liked the fun with Lisa. She was not at all like moody bastard Lisa.

I went out from the shower, dried myself and as soon I stepped out of the bathroom, Lisa greeted me.

"Can you help me with my scarf?" She held out a black scrap of cloth. I was more than happy to oblige. I took it from her and wrapped it around her. We were only inches apart. I could smell her perfume, like her very sexy and subtle.

"Thanks." She grinned sheepishly. "You go get dressed. I'll wait for you outside."

"Okay." I replied.

I quickly got dressed and put on a little make up before joining Lisa for a quick breakfast. Right after we finished our breakfast we went straight to the building.

She stopped her car in front of the building like she does everyday to drop me off.

"Have a nice day." I said. "I love you." I leaned over to her to give her a kiss on the cheek. She turned her head and I ended up kissing her on the lips. It was just a light peck but it sent my heart racing. I felt her lips move against mine delicately. I began to return the kiss, our lips molding together.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

The car behind us honked loudly. I felt her smile against my lips, making me smile too. She pulled away and chuckled. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah..." I sighed, still wanting more. I swung the car door open and slipped out of it. I waved at Lisa goodbye before she drove off. I bit my lower lip. I felt drunk from the kiss. We had kissed before but it was always during some kind of sexual heightened moment. This was different. It was special. It was pure and innocent and sweet.

I felt like I was walking on clouds as I walked inside the building. The bond we shared in the lake house, the kiss we just shared seconds ago. What does that all mean? Was she starting to love me back?

"Good morning, Jennie." Joy greeted me when I entered our office.

"Good morning." I replied, I still couldn't wipe the smell off my face.

"You look blooming today." She teased.

I chuckled as I sat on my desk. She followed against my desk and gave me a smile before wiggling her brows up and down. "Is that because of Ms. Manoban?"

"Huh? No." I denied, avoiding eye contact with her.

"No? You and Ms. Manoban are the hot topic here in the office. The scene ya'll made in Sungjae's birthday and you both disappeared for two days. Tell me the real score between you two."

"None." I answered, trying to sound as casual as possible. "We just know each other because she's my sister's friend."

"Just tell me the truth. Promise, no one will ever know." She grinned.

I let out a deep breath. "There's really nothing to tell."

"If you're not yet ready to share, it's okay. I will know that soon." She giggled and winked at me.