Chapter Forty-Three

Lisa's POV

She was lying on her side next to me with her head leaned on my shoulder as I held her hand over my chest. Despite feeling sick, I had never woke up feeling this good for a long time. Closing my eyes again, I inhaled and savored her scent and the way she felt in my arms. There was really nothing better than waking up with her next to me, feeling her warmth, breathing in her scent... that divine scent that I miss more than anything. I felt warm inside and I knew that there will never be something or someone that could make me feel the way she does.

I shifted to my side so that I could wrap my arms around her. She was like a medicine to me, no matter what I was feeling or thinking having her with me always soothes and makes me feel better.

"What are you doing?" I heard her say. I looked down at Jennie, her eyes shone in the dark as they looked at me. The soft light from the moon shining from the window illuminates her face, making her unbelievable beautiful it took my breath away.

"I'm just trying to get comfy." I reasoned.

"Mmhmm." One of her brows curved up. She sat up on the of the bed, looking around. "It's already midnight?"

"Looks like it." I said.

She stretched her arms. "God, your bed is so hard. How do you put up with this? "

" I put up with all these because of you, Nini. You make me do things I never thought I'd do for anyone. "

Silence fell between us before she shrugged her shoulders. "Does your body still hurt right now?"

"Yeah." I said, faking a wince. " Everything hurts. There's not a place on my body that's not throbbing with pain right now. "

The expression on her face suddenly shifted into a concerned one. She felt my forehead and my neck with the back of her hand. "You need to take your meds now but eat first. Emma brought you a food a while ago."

She got up and lit the oil lamp with a match over the small table beside my bed. She get the food that is wrapped in banana leaves.

Jennie's POV

I watched in amusement as she unwrapped the leaves. There's a rice, fish, tomatoes and egg inside. She eat her food like she didn't eat for years and I couldn't help but smile as I watched her. Lisa just never fails to surprise me. I never thought she will learn to adjust being a worker here in hacienda. I never thought I'd see her eat that kind of food. She's used in eating in a luxury restaurants. She was born of privilege and given the best that money could offer and now she was living such a humble lifestyle. In the office, everybody seemed scared of her. Who wouldn't? In her looks, she was powerful, broodingly good looking, frightenly intimidating. But here, she's close to her fellow workers, she knows how to get along.

Her face lifted to mine. I quickly hid my smile and gave her a straight face. "You're not in the mood to eat in that situation, huh?" I rolled my eyes. She dont want to eat but I'm insisting her.

"This is good and I'm starving. I didn't eat the whole day." She shrugged and held it out to me. " Try this. "

" No, thanks. " I said.

" Just try it. " She insisted. " I know you're hungry. You didn't leave me for the entire day."

"No, I'm fine. " I answered.

She get some rice and some fish, leaning it to me. Feeding me like a baby. I looked down at it with brows furrowed. "I don't want." I firmly said even though my mouth watered at the smell of it. I forgot I didn't eat yet since morning.