t w o

AS I FLOATED TO the surface of my slumber, I could detect the echoes of voices through the haziness that were seemingly bouncing off the inner walls of my skull

AS I FLOATED TO the surface of my slumber, I could detect the echoes of voices through the haziness that were seemingly bouncing off the inner walls of my skull. They sounded mere inches from my ear yet a hundred feet away at the same time.

"Should I google this?" The voice was light and bubbly and definitely male. I try to stay as stiff as possible as my senses heighten. He then mumbles under his breath, "How to know if a person is dead..."

"You don't need to google that." Another voice resonates from inside the room, "She's breathing you fucking idiot." 

"I saw this movie where a dog died but he was breathing." The bubbly voice retorts defensively and in an all-knowing tone, "But it turns out it was just bugs lodged inside his throat."

I was wide awake now and resisted the urge to screw my nose up in disgust at his input. What kind of movies was this dude watching?

"Well, then why don't you wake her and find out." A third voice suggests and I stay still, my heart rate increasing by the second.

"No, you wake her."

"Pussy." 

"I am not a pussy." 

"Then fucking wake her up, you pussy." 

"What if..." The bubbly voice mutters, "What if she's infected." 

That's it.

"Okay, first of all, rude." I open my eyes pushing myself up onto my elbows as I stare up at three guys crowding around the small, single bed. The skyscraper with soft blonde hair and bluebell eyes jumps back in fright with a small yelp escaping his lips.

The other giant in the room with hazel eyes frowns in confusion as he gazes coldly at me. His calculating stare didn't sit well with me and I felt like squirming underneath it.

The third and final of the handsome human trees stared blankly at me, his curly black hair complementing his dark caramel skin tone.

"And second of all, you ruined my nap." I finish as my eyes gaze over all of them. How did they even get inside the room? I'm positive I locked the old slab of wood keeping the outside hall from peering into the two-person dorm.

"Who the fuck are you?" The hazel-eyed, brunette asks brashly, folding his arms and taking a territorial stance. I blinked up at him. Is his face even legal? Is this allowed?

"I think I'm supposed to ask that question." I push myself into a more comfortable position and fold my legs underneath me on the bare plastic blue mattress, "What are you doing in my dorm room."

The brunette scoffs, "You're room?"

"Did I stutter?" I question sharply, "This is my dorm room, as stated on the dorm arrangement sheet I was given by the Headmaster. Now get the fuck out before I call campus security."