f i f t y f o u r

The Pandora Rehabilitation Centre was a four hour drive from the gates of Caldwell and we had left super early

The Pandora Rehabilitation Centre was a four hour drive from the gates of Caldwell and we had left super early. So early that I was still half-asleep, pulled my comforter off my single bed and wrapped myself in it. I sat in the passenger seat of Chase's car, snuggled up in that and one of his numerous hoodies that have slowly migrated from his closet and into mine.

The structure itself was beautiful. It sat on large lake and was surrounded by dark greenery and manicured lawns. It was white with an overload of glass and looked very clean and clinical. It sprawled out over the land and separated buildings surrounded it. Chase was right, this was fancy as fuck.

Chase pulls his car into an empty parking space and soon we were standing out side the doors, side by side and staring up at the large building. In a shiny metallic placard above the double glass doors was the name of the centre. My neck turns slowly and my gaze drifts to Chase.

"Are you ready?" I question as Chase continues to stare up at the building as if that's the only thing he could do.

"What do you think?" Chase gives me a dead look, "You dragged me here."

"Don't be such a drama queen." I snort as I step closer to him and intertwine my fingers with his. I place my other hand on his bicep and rest my cheek on his shoulder. "Do you think we should have a code word?"

Chase hums, "A code word?"

"You know, when you want to leave." I explain as my cheeks squishes against his shoulder, "What about Capsicum?"

"Right, because that's not fucking suspicious at all." Chase scoffs as he turns and holds my head between his two hands. He smiles down at me, "God, I love you. I don't think I'll ever get use to saying that."

"I don't think I'll ever get use to hearing that." I grin as Chase quickly pecks my lips. "Let's go."

I grab Chase by the hand again and lead him inside. It was big and spacious and so...white. It looked too clean to touch.

"Uh, can I help you?" A voice question as Chase and I glance to our left instantly. A woman in a white nurse's dress stood behind a desk that was—yup—white as well. I smile softly at her as I strut towards her.

"Yes you can." I reply smoothly as I lean my forearm on the elevated reception desk, "We were hoping to visit Cassandra Everett."

"And what is your relationship to Ms Everett?" The lady questions as she takes a seat and begins typing aggressively on the large iMac in front of her. She then glances up at us when there was a slight pause of silence.

"Her son." Chase answers simply and I glance up at him with a supportive smile.

The lady stands from her chair and it's wheels slide along the smooth surface of the ground. She then retrieves an iPad and stylist and places it in front of us. Does apple sponsor this place or something?