f o u r t e e n

"SHE HAS REALLY good boobs

"SHE HAS REALLY good boobs." I remark as I stare a the small screen of Levi's phone, "And a nipple piercing? Now that girl lives on the wild side of life." 

Levi hums as he stares at his phone with a blank stare. I roll my eyes with a small, amused smile. Both of us had skipped our fourth period classes and were now sitting on the bleachers, looking at all the nudes different girls have sent Levi over the past week.

I scoot closer to him and stick my hand in my denim pocket, "What are you going to say, Le?" 

"That's she's too pretty and too good to be doing this." Levi replies as he begins texting the unknown girl. I've seen too many naked bodies of girls in my school today, I don't know how I'm going to face them in the halls or class later. 

"I'm proud of you." I smile as I wrap an arm around his shoulder. As I glance down the bottom of the bleachers, I notice Vera making her way up to us. 

"Bonjorno." She greets with a large smile, her adorable button nose tinged with red from the cold. 

"Hey." I smile back as she takes a seat next to me and locks her arm around mine.

"What are you two troublemakers up to?" She questions as she glances at Levi's phone. 

"Levi's replying to all the nudes girls have sent him." I explain as I turn my head to face her, "He's being so nice and everything. It's a miracle." 

"Great job, Levi." Vera smiles at Levi who glances up at her and gives her a small smile before returning to his phone, "Hey, are you guys going to the Halloween party next Wednesday?"

I frown, "Halloween party?" 

"It's not a party." Levi mumbles, still staring at his phone. I nudge his arm, reminding him to look at people in the face when they're talking to him. He then glances at me, "It's just a social in the school gym where students and teachers dress up. There's fucking awful punch, Halloween themed snacks and music from the 80's."

"Damn, you're right Le, that doesn't sound like a party. That sounds like a fucking awesome rager." I sarcastically remark as Levi rolls his eyes at me, a small amused smile on his lips, and goes back to his phone. 

Vera nudges me slightly, grabbing my attention, "It's compulsory." 

"Are they trying to kill us here?" I question with a loud, frustrated groan. 

"Half the school never goes. There's a few Halloween parties held in Madison each year which everyone goes to instead. Well, those who are allowed to keep a car here." Vera explains and I nod with  a large, excited grin. 

"Now that sounds more like my style of themed festivities." I beam, excited to get the hell off this campus for the first time in what will be three weeks. 

"We just have to get our names checked off, create a believable excuse to leave and we're free." Vera giggles excitedly as she squeezes my arm. Levi clears his throat and slips his phone back into his pocket and I frown at him curiously.