t h i r t y e i g h t

WHEN VERA FINALLY turned over, taking her arm and leg that were both wrapped around me with her, I take my chances and escape

WHEN VERA FINALLY turned over, taking her arm and leg that were both wrapped around me with her, I take my chances and escape. But then me being me, I kick the hard wooden nightstand directly beside the bed and slap my good hand over my mouth, containing a very un-ladylike spew of curse words while I hopped around the dark bedroom. 

Once the pain had subsided I limp out of the bedroom, careful not to create any further sounds as I slowly make my way downstairs. Midnight cravings weren't an uncommon thing and having a mini fridge in the dorm is a damn blessing. I can't even count on both hands the amount of time Chase has woken up in the middle of the night, flicked on his lamp and seen me stuffing my cheeks with oreos like a damn squirrel. 

David had found a black, velcro splint from somewhere in his magical supply of medical items and I slipped it on over my hand after a few hours of icing it with a bag of peas. Mom used to hoard peas when I was little and it wasn't because I loved peas so damn much. It was because my clumsy ass always got hurt and they were used to cool down swelling. 

I finally reach the kitchen and haul open the huge freezer door, becoming temporarily blinded by the white, fluorescent light. After my eyes adjust, I spot exactly what I was craving and pull it into my chest; Chocolate fudge ice cream. I smiling to myself as I close the door with my hip while pulling off the plastic lid of the tub. As I slowly turn, my eyes catch sight of a dark figure standing across the kitchen. 

"Jesus Christ!" I curse out, hissing under my breath as the figure chuckles and walks towards the island block, placing both palms down onto the marble surface. "Are you a secret ninja or something? You always spawn in the worst possible places." 

Chase chuckles as the moonlight flooding in through the window covers his body which was shirtless; one of my favourite looks of his if I'm being honest. I pull open a draw, plucking two spoons from where they sat separated from the knives and forks. 

I hold the two forks up to him in question and he nods, "You always make me sound like I'm a demon from fucking hell." 

"You're not?" I gasp in shock, placing my hand to my chest as Chase smiles at me, "Colour me shocked!" 

 Chase slowly walks around the island block, coming to a stop beside me as I hand him his spoon and begin digging in. He places the spoon on the island, completely ignoring on of the most gorgeous thing in the world that was currently laying in my lap and instead gently grabs ahold of my hand; the injured one. 

"Fuck, Jones." He chuckles staring down at my hand. He then lifts it and places his lips against the skin of my exposed fingers. I almost swallow the damn spoon."I really need to teach you how to punch." 

It always fucks up my brain the way Chase can be so ruthless, punching some dude in an abandon boxing gym one second and the next be so soft, making my heart explode like a New Years Eve firework celebration.