thirteen.

+ 107th +

+ 107th +

"Agent Cooper, Carter!" Colonel shouted at us as we walked past his office, we stopped dead in our tracks expecting the worst. "Get in here!" He continued, marching from his door back around his desk. I lightly sighed, cracking the door open and holding it for Peggy. "Schmidt sent out a force to Azzano. Two hundred men went up against him and less than fifty returned" Philips said angrily, throwing a few pieces of paper into the air.

Not to brag but if I was leading that force, all two hundred would be dead. "Cooper, you're coming with me to Italy, Carter you stay and hold down the fort here" he said placing two fingers on either side of his nose, exhaling deeply. "Sir, I think I'd be a lot more useful if I came" Peggy pleaded, knowing Steve was set to be in Italy in the next few days.

"Carter, you'd be much more appreciated here" he said starting to sound annoyed. "Sir" she replies defeated. I nodded my head in response to my orders, Peggy just turning on her heel and leaving the room with pursed lips. I followed her out of the room, shutting the door behind me politely.

"You want me to say Hi to Steve for you" I said jokingly, following Peggy through the maze of the headquarters. "It's not even that I want to see him, it's just so boring here, I need to be closer to the action" she said in frustration. "And you think writing condolence letters is exactly what I'd call Action Peg" I said lightly as I was walking on thin ice.

"Yes well that's better than being stuck underground all day" she said flailing her arms around, motioning to all the brick surrounding us. "Talk to Philips once he's calmed down, he'll probably let you go" I said finally, not wanting to make her more angry.

She scoffed lightly, not even bothering to reply to my comment. In the amount of time I've spent analysing Peggy Carter, this certainly wasn't going to end well.

!

I stood at the back of the crowd of soldiers, all sitting on boxes or on the floor, looking like they had been dragged through hell. Philips has let me take my lunch break, meaning I would come and watch Steve's famous performance, attempting not to laugh through out it.

I pulled my long green coat around my body, the clouds over head starting to deepen a dark grey. Music started pouring out of speakers as a clad of USO girls trailed on stage, wearing practically nothing. The group of men in front of me shouted at them and whistled, I rolled my eyes, starting to move my legs a little to generate some heat.

Steve entered the stage in his blue and red costume, a poorly decorated shield at his side. I placed my hands on either side of my mouth, jeering him on. No one seemed to notice how supportive I was being, as the girls left the stage, conducting protests from the group of men. Steve didn't seem to notice me either, looking rather green in front of all the unenthusiastic men. "How many of you ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" Steve recited off like many times before, no one replied to him, causing him to shuffle on the spot.