twenty.

+ notes +

+ notes +

We sat around a large table, Steve briefing us on what the first mission would be, pointing at a map that was laid out on the table. Dugan sat at my one side, Peggy stood at the head of the table with the same but but a bit smaller, nodding her head at what Steve was saying.

Bucky sat across from me, stealing looks at me every so often. I didn't look back at him, and I purposely walked in a little bit late so he wouldn't have a chance to talk to me. "The weapons factory is here, Steve you need to throw a few of those new detonators that Howard made, the place will be in smithereens in seconds" Peggy said pointing at the specific point on the map.

"I ramped up a motorcycle, it now goes 10 times faster than before, the detonators have a switch on the handle bar" Howard said from his seat at the side of the room, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his chair, his sweater vest an ugly colour of green.

"Okay" Steve said with a clenched jaw, nodding his head. "Pourquoi ne pas nous obtenir les motos?" Jaques whispers under his breath, causing Gabe and I to laugh lightly, everyone turning their heads towards us. "Ally, what did he say?" Peggy asks me, folding up the map. "Nothing important" I said to her with a smile. She squinted her eyes at me, smiling sarcastically.

I felt Bucky's leg stretch out and graze against mine, his pant leg leaning against my skin. I looked over at him for the first time today, seeing him looking at Steve and acting like he hadn't done anything. I breathed out of my nose, rubbing my lips together as I looked at Steve as well.

"We leave tomorrow at dawn" Steve said to us all, he said sternly to us all. "Should I stay with one of you, make it easier?" I asked them, considering the mine and Peggy's apartment was very far away from the rest of them and headquarters and the rest of the men.

"You can stay at mines Al" Howard piped in from the side, winking at me smugly, just being able to see him between Bucky and Monty's heads. "I think I'll just stay at Steve's thanks" I replied, a smirk on my face, as I nodded his head at him once. "Right, I have some paper work to do now" Peggy said sighing at us both and then leaving the room. "Barnes, Cooper, Rogers I need to see you on the Carbon fibre lined clothes" Howard said to us as our wooden chairs scraped along the floors,

I nodded my head, standing up before everyone else could, walking out the room as fast as possible. My heels clapped along the floor, practically running to the lab before anyone could catch up to me. "Cooper" Philips boomed at me as I zoomed past him. I halted as soon as possible turning towards him with my hand clasped in front of me and a smile on my face.

"Colonel, how can I help?" I asked sweetly, seeing Bucky, Steve and Howard our the corner of my eye, advancing towards me. "You're running through my halls" he said to me a stern look on his face. "Yes well, I'm excited to try my new uniform" I said innocently, playing the idiot in this situation.