fifty-two.

+ lithium dioxide +

+ lithium dioxide +

2011

I walked into the small donut shop diner, the bell ringing as I pushed the door open. my sleek ponytail swinging behind me as I made my way to the counter, the girl in her pink dress and white apron looking at me. "Could I just get a cup of coffee?" I asked the girl behind the counter as she smacked her gum in her mouth. Her eyes trailed down my body, considering I was wearing my navy blue SHIELD mission suit, I excused it.

"Sure thing" she said with a fake smile, turning around and grabbing a paper cup, filling it up with coffee from the pot. She turned around again, handing my my cup as I pushed a bill towards her. I turned around, making my way to sit in the booth furthest away from the door, looking out the window.
The music that was playing through the radio sitting on the bar was flickering, barely letting out any sound without stopping.

The door opened as I heard the mechanical noise mix with the loud stomping against the floor, the signal i was waiting for. I waited as I heard the two men converse, Natasha walking in through the door, walking over to the two men, taking a small sip of my coffee. "You've been very busy, you made your girl CEO, you gave away all your stuff, you let your friend fly away with your suit" I heard Fury say, his volume raised.

I lifted my cup to my lips, downing my hot coffee before standing up, pulling the needle out of my holster, walking over. Tony sat there in his suit, looking over at Fury and Nat pointedly, I walked up behind him, sticking the needle in his neck, taking a seat next to him as his hand when straight up to his neck, letting out a deep breath.

"I hope you know this lady, or i'm going to start seizing soon" he said in exclamation, holding onto where the mix went into his neck. He looked over at me, and for a minute all I saw was Howard, he was a spitting image of his late father. "Wait, I know you" Tony said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Nice to see you, Tony" I said with a small smile, looking at him. "Dad's friend from work" he continued, pointing at me confused. "That's me" I said nodding my head.

"She works for you too?" Tony asked, looking from me to Fury as i scrunched my nose a little bit. "Technically, he worked for me at some point" I interjected, remembering the time Fury was a Level 3 field agent. "I saw you at the funeral" he said to me quietly, looking at me, his face unreadable. "Yeah, I remember it" I said still nodding my head slowly.

"What is this? Like a super secret club or something?" He mumbled, taking a sip of his coffee. "That's Agent Ivankova" Fury said, pointing over at me. "Can we stop skipping over the fact that she just injected me with some random concoction" Tony said, putting his hand up to his neck. "That's lithium dioxide. It's gonna take the edge off. We're trying to get you back to work" Fury told him, looking at his neck, now spotless.

"Give me a couple of boxes of that. I'll be right as rain" Tony said, rolling his neck around. "It's not a cure, it just abates the symptoms" Nat said to him, shaking her head. "Doesn't look like it's gonna be an easy fix" Fury grumbled, leaning back in the booth.
"Trust me, I know. I'm good at this stuff, I've been looking for a suitable replacement for palladium. I've tried every combination, every permutation of every known element" Tony said, taking his sunglasses off of his face.

"Well, I'm here to tell you, you haven't tried them all"

——

A/N: so I know this one is really short, but it's Tony so please don't be too disappointed.
So I can now confirm that there is only 3 chapters left of this book, but don't worry I'll start the second one as quickly as possible.
I have pretty much already written the rest of the chapter, so i might just spam update today and tomorrow, and get Red Room done.
Please vote and Comment and I'll see you all soon