thirty-six.

+ left arm +

+ left arm +

1957

The past 10 years of my life wasn't that exciting, I was HYDRA's second best weapon, it was as simple as that. It was like life was flashing by me, yet I wasn't moving at the same pace. I had my hands shoved in the pockets of my black jacket, the compound weirdly quiet, which it never seemed to be.

I had never really been to this floor before, never having a reason to. I rounded a corner, seeing a scientist in a dirty white coat leaving a room with a thick steel door. He was carrying a box, metal parts and wires over filling it completely as he struggled to not drop any of it. I stopped in my tracks, chocking my head to the side.

Seeing HYDRA agents walking around carrying loose technology wasn't anything out of the blue, but my gut told me something was off. I turned around, waiting around the corner for any more movement from that room. The door once again screeched open, to which I poked my head around the corner to find out who was leaving.

Another scientist came out, a box I. his hands full of more wires. He walked in the other direction as I quickly and silently ran to the door, lodging my foot in before it could close. I could hear mumbling coming from inside the room, as I swiftly squeezed into the room, trying to not make a noise. I kept my foot in the doorway, slowly pulling it out as the door slowly closed, only making a slight noise that no one seemed to notice.

I turned around, a group of scientists surrounding something at the far end of the room. I quickly and swiftly made my way behind a stack of black boxes, sitting on the floor so no one could hear me. The murmurs continued, nothing audible being said. I positioned myself at the end of the boxes, looking over at the group of people ever so slightly.

"Okay, everyone stand back" I heard someone say, causing me to look once more. The sound of shuffling footsteps filled the room and everyone moved away giving me a clear view of what they were all fussing over. There was a person sitting in a chair, facing the other way from my view, machines surrounding their head one clamping on either side of their forehead. I could see restraints holding the person down, telling me what ever was going to happen wasn't going to be good.

I watched as one man clicked a button he had in his hand, the sound of whirring machines bouncing off of the brick walls. Within seconds the machines kicked in, the person in the chair screaming in pain.
I furrowed my eyebrows, moving back behind the boxes. The screaming continued for what seemed like 10 minutes, which consisted of me trying to figure out what was going on.

I crouched behind the boxes, throwing my hands out, rolling into them as I switched position to being hidden by a table. I looked over the table top, not getting much of a different view. "Longing" one man read out, holding a red leather book in his hand, reading out a list of words. "Rusted, furnace, daybreak," he continued, as I attempted to get a better look. While the words were being read out the person in the chair was groaning, twitching as each word left the mans mouth. "Seventeen, benign, nine" the scientist continued, the group of men taking further steps back, moving away from whatever was going to happen. "Homecoming, one, freight car".

The final words were read out aloud, silence filling the room. "Soldier?" The scientist asked, closing the read book, handing it to another man. The person in the chair, stood up slowly, yet I could only see them from behind.

The muscles on the bare back were defined, as if he was sculpted out of clay, beads of sweat covering him from the pain he just went through. He looked like every other elite HYDRA agent, expect from one of his key features.

His left arm.

It was completely made out of a shiny silver metal, his fingers clenching into a fist. Then i realised who I was looking at, this was Agent 1, The Winter Soldier. "Ready to comply" he grumbled, the room still completely silent.

"Go lock that away" one man told the one holding the book. He nodded his head, not wanting to leave the action, basically pulling himself away from the scene. I quickly crawled back over to behind the boxes, no one even glancing in my direction. The man holding the book pulled open the sealed door, leaving the room in a huff.

I crouched in the perfect position, standing up and swiftly making my way out of the door undetected before it could close. The door clanged shut behind me, now in the completely abandoned hallway once again. I looked left and right, not a single soul in sight, which is exactly how HYDRA wanted this floor to be. I ran my hand through my hair, taking a right and walking back down the hallway, forgetting why i was walking down here in the first place.

That was enough spying for today.

——

A/N: what's up guys, this story recently hit 20k reads!!! that's insane
I would like to say thank you to everyone of you who are still reading, you deserve a medal lol
I promise after some of these times jumps there will be some fun chapters, i'm only planning on about 3-5 more time jumps before something big happens. Can you guess what??
anyway please vote and comment and i'll see you all soon!

 Can you guess what??anyway please vote and comment and i'll see you all soon!