forty-five.

+ luhansk +

+ luhansk +

"It's simple, the board decided to put you at a Level 3 clearance due to your skill level" Peggy said to me as we walked down a white hall. I was in a navy blue SHIELD mission suit, a holster on my hip and a few knifes down my thighs. "We're sending you out to Kazakhstan, all you need to do it escort out a a nuclear engineer over the border" Peggy started, walking by my side to the jet hanger.

"There will be a car waiting for you in Ukraine, all you need to do is drive into Luhansk and there will be a jet waiting for you to bring you back" She continued as she opened up a metal door, opening up to a large hanger with multiple jets in it.

We made our way down the stairs, walking up to the jet sitting at the opening of the hanger. "Sounds easy enough" I said, nodding my head at her. "Here, put this in your ear" Peggy said to me, handing me a small ear piece. I did as she said, moving my hair away from my ear and placing the ear piece in place. "It's got tracking, we'll keep checking on you" she said to me condescendingly. "I'm not going to run away" I said tilting my head to the side.

"Just making sure" she said with a shrug, holding her hands around her back. "Don't kill the engineer, I've got it" I promised her, walking into the back of the jet. "You better" she said to me from her spot, crossing her arms. "See you later" I said with a smile, the pilot closing up the jet, leaving Peggy in the headquarters.

And so my first mission as a SHIELD agent began.

!

I sat in the drivers seat of the large jeep, the engineer in the passenger seat gripping his bag against his chest. I had one hand on the wheel the other leaning against the window, a view off the mountains surrounding us.

"Where are we driving to?" The engineer asked me quietly, the journey being completely silent so far. "Luhansk" I said quickly, shifting in my seat. He nodded his head, readjusting his grip on his bag. "I don't think it's far from-" I started before the engineer yanked a gun out of his bag, holding it towards me, his finger on the trigger.

"Hey, nice gun you've got there" I said calmly, a smile on my face. "I have to shoot you" He said to me, a sense of fear in his voice. "Can I ask why?" I retorted, the engineer basically shivering in fear. "He have my family" he said to me as he readjusted the gun in his hand. "Who's he?" I asked him, placing both of my hands on to wheel, looking over at him to see him sweating.

"The man with the metal arm" He said without missing a beat, as if he had been on his mind forever. Before I could say anything multiple gun shots went off, hitting the car in the wheels. I yanked the wheel in the opposite direction, trying to get control of the car.

It spun in circles as I tried to gain control. The engineer whines as he grabbed onto the side of his chair. I pulled the wheel all the way to the right, causing the car to tumble straight off of a cliff. The car tumbled, both of us getting thrown around in our seats, my head smashing off of the roof as we rolled. The windows smashing and spraying glass everywhere.

The car came to a halt, it being tipped over, both of us hanging upside down only held into the seats by our seatbelts. I groaned, trying to turn my neck to the side, finding it to hurt immensely. I took a deep breath, moving as slowly as possible. The engineer wasn't conscious, a large gash slicing through his eyebrow.

I took a deep breath, placing my hands on the dented roof of the car, pushing up to keep myself from falling on my head as I unbuckled my seatbelt, pushing my body to the side and letting my body fall out of the open window, onto the broken glass.

I grunted and I pulled my legs out of the car, taking a few deep breaths, lying on the ground the sun shining down on me. I stood up slowly, rubbing the back of my neck after experiencing that much whiplash, my whole body in pain.

I walked over to the passenger side of the car, reaching in trough the hole where the window used to be, unbuckling the engineers seatbelt and yanking him out of the car, dropping his body onto the grassy floor. He was still breathing, but just wasn't awake, which was a good sign. I looked around, my breathing heavy after that crash.

There wasn't much in sight, the hill leading up to the road steep and covered in some greenery.

"Ally?" I heard through my ear piece, crackling slightly. "Hello?" I said, putting my finger on it and pushing it further into my ear, trying to hear it more. "What happened?" Peggy asked me, sounding slightly concerned. "I don't know, the engineer was told to kill me, then the tires got shot out, we went straight off the cliff" I told her, looking back down at the engineer.

"Is he alive?" she asked me. I kicked him in the side of the stomach lightly after not seeing his chest rise for a bit. His chest rose one agin and I let out a small sigh of relief. "Yeah he's breathing" I said to Peggy, turning around once again. "Just stay where you are, we'll send someone to you" She said to me, not sounding too reassuring.

"Yeah, that would help" I said quietly, looking down at the engineer to make sure he's breathing. A gun shot went off, hitting the wreck that used to be a car.
I covered my head, diving shots as I used the car as cover, sitting on the floor as metal met metal all around me.

"Shit" I said, grabbing the gun out of my holster, crouching down and leaning my shoulder against the car. I peaked my head over the top, looking up the cliff which was where the bullets were coming from. A bullet almost hit my head before i could see anything, causing me to pull my head back down once again. If the engineer wasn't dead before, he definitely was now.

I put my gun over the top of the wreck, shooting blindly a few times, presumably hitting nothing but dirt. All of the sudden the gun shots stopped, giving me time to peak over the car until the shots started again.

I looked over the car, just in time to see the light bounce off of something walking away.

The metal arm.

——

A/N: two posts in two days how exciting.
So presumably, HYDRA is just trying to kill Alyona at this point, due to her being a traitor. But your girl ain't gonna give up that easy!
I don't have much to say but please vote and comment and i'll love you forever

 But your girl ain't gonna give up that easy!I don't have much to say but please vote and comment and i'll love you forever