thirty-seven.

+ charlie +

+ charlie +

1967

"You wanted to see me?" I said, opening the door into Matthias's office. He sat behind his desk, pen in hand writing on some papers. "Here" he said to me, picking up a file and holding it out to me. Matthias has aged drastically, his hair greying and wrinkles lining his face. The stress of running a group of terrorists on his back must have gotten to him.

"New mission?" I asked him, leaning against the wall, opening the file in my hands. "There's a weapons tech in Berlin, he's constructed a new bomb, I need you to get it" Matthias said to me, putting his pen down and leaning back in his chair. "Sounds easy enough" I said looking through the file.

"Yes well, let's hope you look good in a dress"

!

I walked up the stone stairs that led to the front door of the mansion of a house that stood in front of me. I had a basically backless, floor length gold dress on, only being held up by the strap around my neck. My black stilettos climbing up the steps. People in tuxedos and dresses were walking up the stairs around me, making their way to this so called exquisite party. My brown hair was twisted up, black heels on my feet.

I made my way to the door, which had two brawny men dressed in black, checking people's invitations. I opened my small clutch bag, pulling out the card that had been forged to look like I belonged here. I held it out to one of the men, who looked at it then nodded his head, signalling that I could go in. "Danke" I said, shoving my invite back into my bag, walking into the house.

There was a waiter in a white jacket holding a tray of champagne glasses on his hand, I smiled picking one up before looking around the room briefly, which was filled with laughter and rich people. There was a small string group sitting in the corner, people mingling through out the foyer. I took a sip of my drink, moving from the foyer to the main ballroom, which is where everyone seemed to be.

There were masses of men, all laughing loudly in large groups, their wives silently standing by their sides downing glasses of alcohol. I stood close to a wall, setting my glass and bag on top of a tall table, observing people in the room. "Are you as out of place as I am?" Someone said from behind me, causing me to turn sharply.

A young man in a black tuxedo stood in front of me, a glass of scotch in his hand, his blonde hair swept over to one side. I looked at him for a minute, not answering, confused on why he was talking to me, I was hoping I wouldn't have to talk to many people tonight.

"Sorry if I scared you" he said walking around me, placing his glass next to me on the table. "No, you're fine, just wasn't expecting to be snuck up on tonight" I said with a smile, still confused. This man couldn't be any older than 25, which was confusing considering all the men in here were in their 40s, plus he was easy on eyes, which was out of place in this room as well.