thirty-five.

+ mistake +

+ mistake +

1951

I walked into the training room, grunts already coming from inside. Ahren was there, sitting in a chair watching two men fight, exactly like Schmidt used to do. He watched them intently with his hands clasped and set in from of his lips, watching every single hit the two men sparring were making.

I leaned against the door frame, arms crossed watching the two fight on the chalked mat. 5 other men sat on a bench to the side of the room, waiting for it to be there turn. "Ivankova, can I help you?" Ahren asked me, looking up at me from the fight briefly. "Just wanted some entertainment" I said shrugging my shoulders with a smirk. "How was your mission?" he asked me, looking back down at the fight, which was pathetic to say the least. "Medicore" I said, walking over to the free chair that was next to him, slumping into it.

"This the best they can do?" I asked, placing my chin in my hand, watching the two men squabble at each other. "Sadly yes" he said sighing loudly. One man tried to swing a punch, the other lazily catching it and swiping his leg under his opponent, causing him to fall onto the mat.

"Next" Ahren said rolling his eyes, waving his hand as both men. "How's training administration going?" I asked him, the next two men making their way to the chalky mat. "Not as good as being on a mission" he said looking at me with a pout, indirectly asking me to give him a mission. "They aren't that fun" I replied, putting my chin into my hand.

"I get it, why use a normal human when you can use the super soldier" he said looking away, nodding his head slowly. "I don't get the fun missions anyway, they all go to the Winter Soldier" I told him, the two men on the mat beginning to circle each other. "What's his deal anyway? I've never seen him around before" Ahren said, clapping his hands, indicating the men to start throwing punches.

I looked over at him, unsure if I could tell him the information I knew, Matthias not specifying if I could tell people. "They keep him in cyro-freeze, he gets all the important missions and the rest get passed onto me" I exhaled, deciding to just tell him.

"Right so, if that's how it's working how about you just pass on a less important mission and give it to me?" He moaned, not even paying attention to the fight anymore, not that he was missing much. "I don't have that kind of authority" I replied, shrugging my shoulders quickly. "Yeah but you can persuade the people that do" he said pointing his finger at me.

"Not really how this organisation works" I told him, slapping his finger away from my face. "How do you think I got this position?" he said, holding his hands out to the two men fighting on the mat. "Because I stole all of your missions" I smirked, turning back towards the fight, which was pitiful to say the least.
"Wow, that one hit home" Ahren replied in mock hurt, a hand over his heart. "Good" I said, furrowing my eyebrows as one of the fighting men wrapped his arm around the others neck.

"This is horrendous" I told Ahren as the man who was struggling to breath hit his attacker in the stomach, knocking him back a few steps. "Which is why we train" he told me, grimacing as multiple punches were being thrown badly. "I was never this bad" I remarked, shaking my head. "Yes you were, probably at some point" he told me, nodding his head to counter mines. "Maybe when I was 6" I defended quickly, not being able to remember the says before the Red Room.

"Can I fight one of them?" I asked him, looking at the bench to see either perfectly in tact men watching the fight carefully, or beaten men, wiping blood from their noses. "They might snap" Ahren said, looking over at the bench like I was. He wasn't wrong, they did look like their spines would break with a singular kick to the back.

"Isn't that the point of training?" I retorted, mocking his voice from earlier. He looked over at me before shouting to the men. "Stop, get off he mat. Agent Ivankova is going to fight one of you, give you some real experience training". He motioned to the mat, which I found myself standing on, hands on my hips as i looked at my line up. "You" I said pointing at the brawniest one. His shoulders were wide, but it face was hollow, which should make for an easy fight.

He looked over at Jansens who nodded his head towards me. The man slowly stood up, making his way to the mat, standing opposite me. "Don't kill him" Ahren told me as i raised my fists. "I can't make any promises" I smirked, the man shifting on his feet nervously as he brought his fists up to his face.

"Mistake number one" I said, taking a step towards him and hitting him in the stomach. "Don't leave your abdomen open for hitting" I said as he buckled over a little. The man tried to swing at me, but i easily caught his hand, yanking him towards me. He was off balance as I kneed him in the stomach, pushing him to the side as I basically swapped places with him.

"Mistake number two, don't punch if you haven't planted your weight on the floor" I said as he gained his balance, turning back around to me. He took a step towards me, once again trying to punch me in the stomach, which i easily dodged. I grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back, causing him to grimace and moan in pain.

"I'm done" he said with his teeth clenched, causing me to let him go with a small push. "You really need to train them better" I said, turning away and walking off of the mat, towards the door.

"Yeah, I know"

——

A/N: okay i'm not a fan of this chapter but i'm really trying to battle this time jump while still making sure her story makes sense.
Also I know the last time we saw Alyona and Ahren interacting that it wasn't the best, you know with the shouting in the hallway and all. But it's been 5 years so use your imagination to scrounge up some cute lil make up between them.
anyway thanks for reading, please vote and comment and i'll see y'all soon