forty-nine.

+ flurken +

+ flurken +

1995

I marched down the halls of the Los Angeles headquarters, my boots rattling against the shiny floor as i walked past countless staring eyes. "Ma'am, are you Miss Ivankova?" Someone said, chasing after me as i kept staring forward, clenching my jaw. "Yes, where's Fury's office?" I said sharply, not even turning to look at him as he walked quickly to try and keep up with me. "I can take you there" He said, running after me as I started walking even faster.

"Oh, please do" I snapped, stopping and turning my head to him, raising my eyebrow at him as he smiled at me lightly. "I'm Coulson" he said, sticking his hand out as i stared down at him, looking back up at him again. "I want to see Fury" I said with furrowed eyebrows, causing him to retract his hand from me. "Okay" Coulson said quietly, a nod of his head as he walked ahead of me, leading me to a hallway of offices. "It's this one" Coulson said to me with a smile, nodding my head walking in front of him and barging in through the door, slamming it before Coulson could get in.

Fury sat behind his desk, an eye patch covering his damaged eye, his tie loosened around his neck as he looked up at me as I stood in the middle of the room staring at him. "So a Level 3 agent meets a literal superhuman, and chooses not to give me a call? A level 8 agent who is another literal superhuman" I shouted, using my hands to emphasise my point.

"With all due respect Ma'am, there was no time" He said, leaning forward in his chair as he put his arms into his desk. "No time? You sat and hat juice with a bunch of aliens, couldn't of quickly given me a call then" I said sarcastically, putting my hands on my hips as he let out a deep breath. "Where's the tesseract?" I asked him, not giving him time to try to justify his actions. "That's not information that can be shared" he replied, shaking his head.

"You've lost it haven't you? I've seen what that thing can do it's not something that can just be tossed around" I said fiercely, knowing first hand what can be done with the tesseract. "No, I know exactly where it is" He said, subtly looking down at the finger cat that sat under the window, licking its paw.

"As soon as that cat, or flurken or whatever it is throws that thing up I expect a phone call" I said as the cat stood up, walking over to me, smelling my boot. "How did you know it's not a cat?" Fury asked me, looking rather confused and surprised. "I've read the mission report, I have that sort of authority" I replied, bending down and scratching the cart behind the ears.

"So why did you ask me where it was if you knew already?" he asked me. "I've read the mission report" I snapped at him, making him more confused. "You can't read that" he retorted back to me. "Yes I can, I have the authority, and I also have the authority to fire you so you better watch out" I said, standing up straight and leaving the room, slamming the door equally as hard as the first time.

I stormed down the hall, going back on the way I came earlier. "Ivankova" I heard Keller say from behind me. I turned around sharply, seeing Keller standing there next to another man in a suit, holding a file between them. He said goodbye to the other man, quickly walking down the hall. "I just saw you come out of Fury's office" he said, pointing back with his thumb. "Yeah, he pulled a rookie mistake" I said, continuing to walk down the hall, Keller behind me a little bit.

"You know" he started, slowing down a bit. "I don't really appreciate you coming and giving my agents a hard time" he said, stopping and putting his hands on his hips. "Okay, and?" I asked, hoping there was more. "Please stop" he retorted nodding his head. "No, until you get a firm grip on your field agents, I'll keep doing your job for you" I said very seriously, turning and walking away from him.

"Plus, looks like you'll be out on probation, a level 7 that can't keep a lid on a level 3" I shouted at him, turning a corner and leaving the office wing before he could say anything.

I really didn't get paid enough for this.

——

A/N: so this is a pretty short chapter, so i'll update again today, anyway I wanted to include a mention of Captain Marvel so here it is!
Please vote and comment and i'll love you forever

A/N: so this is a pretty short chapter, so i'll update again today, anyway I wanted to include a mention of Captain Marvel so here it is! Please vote and comment and i'll love you forever