thirty-two.

+ serum +

+ serum +

I sat in a metal chair, restraints holding down my wrists and ankles, a belt strapped around my waist to make sure I couldn't get up. There was multiple chairs identical to mines lining the room, but all were unoccupied, me and the various people milling around the room the only people in here. Ahren was talking to Matthias, his arms crossed as his black t-shirt clung to him like it always seemed to, as a few doctors prepared my first dose of the serum around a table.

I stared at them all, every single one of them fussing over something, trying to make it perfect, because if it wasn't, I could die. I had a small inkling I was more than just the recipient, more of a test subject for something bigger, but I didn't seem to care. I was set to get 4 doses over a two week period, needing to be hooked up to a drip that had a diluted version of my new serum in it. Matthias told me if I got too much at once it could be fatal, great.

I didn't want Ahren here, and i would protest to Matthias but i knew he would be just as insistent on him being staying. He had his brow furrowed, looking down at Matthias, his arms folded as normal.
His jaw line looked sharp under this dull lighting, his blonde hair messy on top of his head. Matthias was explaining something to him, using his hands to exaggerate as usual.

"When can we start?" I asked, getting sick of the restraints keeping me down while everyone was so engaged in conversations. All conversations seized, everyone turning to look at me as if they were surprised that I actually spoke. The scientists looked back at each other, silently questioning whether or not it was time. "Sure" Gerber said, leading the group as they walked over to me. "Are you sure about this? I'd be happy to take your place" Ahren said, walking over to my other side.

I looked at him, giving him some side eye before rolling my eyes quickly. I didn't reply to him, full well knowing he'd want the whole experiment for himself. "Alyona, the first dose will be the worst" Gerber told me, taking a seat in a stool that sat at the side of my chair. Some other scrawny man in a white coat wheeled a machine over to me, five test tubes with blue liquid in it connected to a tube, which i'm guessing was going into my arm.

"How is this going to react with the Black Widow serum?" I asked, looking between Gerber and the machine, my heart starting to beat a little bit faster now. "We are uncertain, it shouldn't kill you, only heighten your abilities" he replied, turning to the metal table next to him, picking up a needle with an attachment on the end of it.

"Speed, strength, all of your senses" he continued, holding the needle at his eye line before turning to me with a small smile on his face. "This is just the needle, then I will connect this tube to this attachment, and then we shall start the injection of the serum" he said, holding his hand out to me, wanting me to give him my fore arm.

I looked around my chair once more, all the scientists, Matthias and Ahren crowding around, blocking the light. "Will you all move back, I need my space" I said to them, shifting under their stares awkwardly. They all nodded their heads, taking a few steps back at my request. I looked back at Gerber, placing my fore arm into his hand.

He lined the needle up with my arm, poking it through the skin and into a vein. I watched him put it in, but I didn't feel it. After being injured so many times, being shot only a few weeks ago, I was numbed to most pains now."Want me to hold your hand?" Ahren asked, somehow now standing beside me as if he was one of my support system. "Back off Janssens" I retorted quietly, turning back to face Gerber once more, who didn't look as nervous as I seemed to.

There was a needle running into my vein, a plastic attachment on the end for the serum to be injected into. "Okay now Alyona, you may feel as if you need to lash out, hence why we strapped you down" he said with a small smile, for some reason bringing a smile to my face as well. "Here we go" he exhaled, pushing his glasses up his nose, picking up the small plastic tube that was connected to the serum machine, inserting it into the attachment on my arm.

I took a deep breath, turning away from him, all eyes on me. Everyone simultaneously held their breaths, myself included, until the excruciating pain swept over my body. My hand immediately clenched, closing my eyes right and tensing all of my muscles. It was as if needles were being stabbed into me all at the same time.

"Alyona you need to relax" Gerber said to me calmly, grabbing my hand. I screamed, snatching my hand away from him, holding it into my chest. I clenched my jaw, screaming through my teeth, all of the people around me exchanging glances as they took small steps backwards and away from me. My breathing got heavier, still screaming as loud as I could.

This felt like I would be dying soon, the worst amount of pain I had ever been in, and i had been in some terrible situations before.

Then everything went black.

——
A/N: hey guysss
so sorry that I went AWOL but here's another chapter. school has been a bitch lately so i've not had time to update but i'm trying!!
i'm loosing inspiration right now due to not being able to think of some plot points, and in all honesty I just want to get to the time frame of Captain Marvel, which is officially being worked into this book!!
please vote and comment and i'll love you forever

 school has been a bitch lately so i've not had time to update but i'm trying!! i'm loosing inspiration right now due to not being able to think of some plot points, and in all honesty I just want to get to the time frame of Captain Marvel, which ...