twenty-five.

+ tattoo +

+ tattoo +

Falling was a weird sensation.

Your stomach dropping at the same time at you are, all of the blood rushing to your head to keep you conscious, making you feel nauseas. The air ripping past you as you wished that you would slow down before something would slowed you down instead.

The last thing I remember was smacking onto the ground before passing out, all of the wind getting exiled out of my chest, causing me to gasp for air. It wasn't my intentional plan to fall out of the train, I was just hoping for the Schnellzug to make its way to Austria so I could go back to being Alyona once again, completely dropping the facade of Allison.

My eyes shot open instantly, to see a blank roof. I laid on a paper thin mattress, a thin blanket covering me. The room was completely empty, the bed just sitting straight in the middle of the room. I sat up, holding on to the side of the bed for support. I felt a sharp pain on my hip, lifting up the plain grey nightgown i was wearing to reveal a fresh looking Hydra tattoo stained into my skin. I sighed deeply, looking down at my arms to reveal black and purple bruises staining my skin.

I couldn't find any other visible cuts or gashes, just bruises and a few scratches scattered all over my body. I heard the metal door clang open as i placed my bare feet onto the cold floor, sending impulses up my legs. A familiar looking scrawny man walked in, holding a clipboard in one hand, pushing his glasses up with another.

"Matthias" I croaked, pushing myself off my bed and standing up wobbly. Matthias was an old accomplish from the days when i first joined HYDRA. He used to brief me on missions, and take me places when i didnt know my way around all the compounds like i used to know. I ran my hand through my brown hair, letting it cascade over my shoulders in its wavy mess.

"Alyona, how nice to be aquatinted with you again" he squeaked walking deeper into the room. "Who tattooed me? You know i never wanted one" I said taking a step towards him which was much more of a hobble, my right leg not cooperating as it should. "They gave you that when they first brought you here, before anyone identified you. They had to brand you as HYDRA property" He clarified for me, as i took another shuffle towards him.

"How long have i been here?" I asked him, as he dropped a pair of slip on shoes that i placed my feet in to. "Roughly a few days now, you didn't obtain too many injuries" he said looking down my body looking for blemishes.

"Just in immense pain" I joked, taking another hobble towards him. "Where are we?" I said looking around the room, which was dreary and dirty. "A few miles past the Austrian border, this facility is completely off the maps, only the exclusive are allowed to be here" he said still not moving from his position though he could see me visibly struggling. "Did you find anyone else?" I asked him, not hoping for a specific answer.

"No, just you" he said roughly, finally annoyed with how long it was taking me to reach him, sighing before walking up to me. "You will be transported to Poland, another secluded facility" he told me, looking down his thin and pointy nose at me. "Poland?" I asked him shocked, knowing who got sent to Poland. Usually the agents that get sent to Poland where the ones who weren't performing as they should.

Schmidt sends you to Poland if he doesn't want you completing missions. Nothing ever came out to Poland, except from the Russian missions but the Russian bases used to cover that. "Why am i going to Poland? I just got off a location mission, I'm not going to Poland" I argued, really not wanting to go to Poland.

"Schmidt's orders" he simply said handing my a clipboard that had my file on it. "Well I'll talk to him, I'll go to Belgium or Switzerland, I'll even go to Sweden if I have to. I'm just not going to Poland" I said back as Matthias it started walking away from me. "I'll talk to him, he told me to promise you that even though you're going to Poland you will still have missions, just less frequently" he scrolled at me, pushing his glasses back up his nose.

"Why am I getting sent to Poland? I was the best in the game 6 months ago" I said flipping through the clipboard that had all my previous missions and reports in it. "They have better now" he simply said turning and walking out the room. "He wants a full mission report, I'll barter him about sending you to Sweden" he called back before completely leaving the room.

"Or Belgium" I shouted after him. I sighed deeply, dropping my arms down by my side and slowly limping back to my bed. My last mission wasn't exactly successful but it wasn't a failure,  not exactly getting information I could pass on. But I had the most kills out of every HYDRA soldier here, still completing missions perfectly.

I sat down on my bed, laying the file onto my legs. I opened the first page seeing my case file that was handed from the Red Room to HYDRA. I flipped the page, already knowing my pitiful life story. My first mission was to assassinate a physicist who was helping the US army make advanced weapons. I killed him easily, getting away without anyone even batting an eyelash at me.

No one suspects the small, innocent looking girl, which is exactly the point of view of the Red Room. I took a deep sigh, flipping through mission report after mission report, all of my kills listed in pieces of paper. What was Schmidt even doing, thinking of sending sending me to Poland, it would be the end of my career. I picked up the file, throwing it as far away from me as possible in rage.

I grunted as I let it go, causing papers to fly everywhere. I sure as damn hell wasn't going to Poland, no matter what it took.

——

A/N : so I did initially have the idea of Alyona being involved with the brain washing of Bucky, but I realised in the long run it wouldn't make any sense, so I had to rewrite this chapter many a times.
Anyway, school starts tomorrow and my sleeping schedule isn't thriving so that will be fun I guess.
Please vote and comment and I'll see y'all in a few days with another mediocre chapter, I started writing one but it ain't the best lol.