Chapter1

''Brit wake up, your gonna be late for work.'' whispered 'Elijah' Britney's boyfriend of two years. He softly shook her and she soon turned over and sat up, yawning and stretching her arms.

She rubbed her eyes,

"Good morning baby''
she replied in a scratchy tone, you could tell she had just waken up.

''I must have over slept and it's all because of you!'' Britney joked poking Elijah in the sides as she walked pass him to go wash her face and Brush her teeth. 

"Not my fault you can't handle me''
he responded as he turned around and kissed her forehead. 

After washing her face and taking care of her morning breathe, Britney came back into the bedroom and began putting on her scrubs. 

"Your lucky you showered last night or you definitely would be running a little late my love'' Elijah stated.

''I know baby''  she chuckled ,
'' that was kind of the point'',
she answered while pulling her long brown hair into a high ponytail. She kissed Elijah and told him that she loved him and then made her way to work.

28 year old Britney Lewis works at Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia' she's a pediatric nurse and she loves her job. She doesn't have a child of her own, but she adores children and would love to experience birth and motherhood one day.

She has two little sisters Nyla who is 17, and Jade who is 16, and then she has a older brother who is 33, by the name of Jason. She's really close with all of them, including her parent's.

'' Hey Brit, you ready for today?''
one of her close 'RN' friends MiMi asked,
Britney shot a puzzled look and asked 

'' What's today? ''

MiMi reminded Britney that today would be Dr. Patton's last day, she was retiring. 

" Oh yeah, how could I forget''

Britney replied holding her hands up to her head,  '' Dr. Patton is one of my favorites, I'm really gonna miss seeing her''.

'' Well she's having a retirement shing dig in the lobby later on today, so we still have time to get a card, cause girl I forgot my damn self'' ,
MiMi responded. 

The ladies laughed and chatted a little bit more before they got to work. MiMi headed back to the front of the hospital and Britney began taking her clients who had appointments.