six

The next day at school, I stand beside my locker silently, waiting for Chaeyoung to show up so we can walk to our third class together. I let my eyes wander around the halls as I usually do. The people walking past me all walk at different paces, some slow, some normal, and some are basically running through the halls.

"Hey, hoe," Chaeyoung says as she walks up to me, smacking her hand against my butt. "You ready for English class?"

I shake my head. "Am I ever ready?" I sigh as we begin to walk toward the stairs. "I'm fluent anyway, what's the point?"

She laughs and we enter our English class. "The why take English if you're already fluent?"

"Because it's an easy credit at this point."

We sit down in our seats at the back of the room, throwing our bags onto the desk with loud sighs. I watch as the teacher walks into the room and the class suddenly falls quiet when they notice an unfamiliar student enter behind him.

I pay no attention to the new boy, I'm never interested by new kids anyway, I just want to get my credits and graduate. 

My hands press against my face rubbing roughly against my temples as I try to take my mind off of my exchange with milkshake boy yesterday.

"Class," Mr. Kim begins, his voice kind yet booming throughout the room. "This is our new student, please introduce yourself."

"My name is Park Jimin-"

I freeze and my eyes widen. Park Jimin, the milkshake boy, goes to my school. He's in my class. My head shoots upward and I'm quickly confused as I look at the boy standing at the front of the class. The first things that I notice are his plump lips and brown puppy dog eyes. But, then I see it; his outfit.

Yesterday, he was wearing a beautiful red hoodie and light blue jeans, his hair falling softly across his forehead. Today, however, he's wearing a black shirt with black jeans and a shiny black leather jacket, his hair pushed upward exposing his forehead and eyebrows.

"Please be good to me," he says roughly as his eyes roam around the room. I hear a few girls whisper at each other about how beautiful the new student is, and I can't help but become annoyed at their comments.

"Ain't he beautiful?" Chaeyoung gawks at the boy from beside me, causing me to whip my head to stare at her.

"Shut up," I say to her, elbowing her arm roughly before turning back to the teacher and Jimin.

"Jimin, you can sit in the back beside Taishi," Mr. Kim speaks as he gestures to the back towards the spare spot beside me. I try my hardest to not let my jaw fall open, I don't want to make a bad first impression. Well, third first impression.

"I hope you're okay with this, Taishi. You're the only fluent person in this class," Mr. Kim speaks. "He's quite far behind, so you'll be spending a lot of time together."

As Jimin walks to the back of the room and stares at me, I earn a lot of weird and rude looks from the people within the room. I slouch in my chair and try to ignore them, focusing only on the blonde boy walking toward me.

"Nice to see you again, Taishi," he smiles as he sits beside me, placing his things down on the desk in front of him. He lowers his voice moves closer to me. "You're getting a lot of looks."

I lift my hand to cover the side of my face, obstructing the views of the countless people staring at me. "Nice to see you again, Jimin."

He smiles at me, causing my heart to jump. "Don't hide your face, Tai," he says as he grabs my wrist gently and moves my hand away from my face. "There's no need."

"But the people-"

"Ignore them," he cuts me off, his eyes staring directly into mine. He pokes my nose and I smile at him. "They're jealous."

I hear the teacher begin his lesson, but I ignore him and continue to focus only on Jimin. The lesson isn't important to me, only the boy in front of me is.

"I have a question for you," Jimin whispers, trying his hardest not to disturb the lesson.

"Yes?" My voice cracks and he smiles, a light blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"Would you like to have lunch with me?" A date, he's asking me on a date. "Maybe show me around the school?"

I nod, my eyes lighting up with happiness as I stare into his puppy dog brown eyes.

There's no way it's a date, though. We've only officially known each other for not even a day, he wouldn't rush into things this quickly.

"It's a date, then," he smiles, his eyes disappearing as he does so.

My heart sinks, it is a date. He's asking me on a lunch date, a tour date. I feel my heartbeat pick up and I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down before I do anything stupid that I'll regret.

"It's a date," I muster up the words, forcing myself to say them, and I turn to face the teacher, quickly beginning to copy down the note on the board in an attempt to get my thoughts away from my date with the one and only Park Jimin.

In an hour, however, I have to go on said date and I don't know how well I'm going to handle being alone with him in a date type of setting. 

Especially with him dressed as a sexy bad boy.