forty-five

Jimin's POV

Jungkook stares at me with determined eyes as he waits for me to call the number displayed on the screen of Taishi's phone, a phone that is now hooked up to many wires and machines in order to track where Chul and Taishi are located.

I take a deep breath as I finally press the call button, silence falling between me and Jungkook as the dial tone rings for a strangely long time. My heart races faster the longer it takes for him to pick up the phone, and I wonder if he will even answer the call or not.

"Oh, hello, dear boyfriend," Chul's voice rings through the phone after a few agonizingly long moments, his voice twice as annoying as it was when I was in the same room as him.

There is a long pause from my end of the line. I can't speak, I don't know what to say. There was no prior planning as to what to say when he answered the call, we weren't even sure he was going to answer to begin with, we were just hoping he would.

"Jimin, I have your girlfriend here," Chul says in a nearly cocky tone as if he's trying to sound like some tough guy. I stay silent once more. "She has amazing breasts, did you know that? Too bad you're not here to stop me from touching them."

"Don't you fucking touch her!" My voice comes out as strong to some, but only Taishi can tell how truly broken I sound.

"I'll have you know, Jimin," Chul begins sassily, his voice sounding almost too sassy to be natural. He sounds like he's trying too hard to sound sassy. "I have your little girlfriend tied to a chair as we speak. She's wearing only her bra and panties. I can see her nipples, Jimin. Her cute, little nipples."

I feel nothing but anger wash over my body, my blood boiling beneath the surface of my skin, my veins nothing but boiling chambers.

"If you touch her, I swear to God I'll murder you!" I hiss, my body shooting forward in anger. Jungkook's eyes widen at my tone, but that's not the only thing he's shocked about. There is a beep that comes from the computer Jungkook is sitting at, the same computer tracking the whereabouts of Chul and Taishi. He looks up at me and scrunches his eyebrows before waving his hand in a circle to urge me to speak again. "Perhaps, I can torture you."

"You're adorable," Chul responds harshly, his voice trailing off slightly as he speaks, a silence washing over his end of the call.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Taishi's voice echoes through the phone, her voice faint but strong at the same time. "Get away from me!"

Taishi sounds like she's on the brink of tears, her voice coming out like a broken scream for help. She sounds like the only thing she craves is freedom and safety, something I wish I would have given her in the first place. 

I clench my hands into fists, my short nails digging into the skin of my palms, angered at the things I'm hearing.

"Jimin, I've got to hang up," Chul suddenly speaks up, his voice sounding calm but not collected. "Taishi deserves to be punished for what she's done. Toodles."

The phone call ends and my blood runs cold. What did he mean when he said that Taishi needed to be punished? There are a few ideas of what that means that come to my head, and none of them make me comfortable in the least.

As I sit, frozen, on the chair, Taishi's phone being held onto slightly by my weak grip, Jungkook shoots up from his seat and begins to rush around his office, grabbing various things from various places.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I look up, my eyes glossed over with a thin layer of tears.

"Going to rescue Taishi," Jungkook responds as he slips a handgun into the holster of his uniform. "You can't come with me, I'm sorry."

"What the fuck do you mean?" I ask angrily as I shoot up from my seat.

Jungkook stares at me with a blank expression before sighing and walking toward the door. "You can come with me," he says as he opens the door, stopping me in my tracks as I try to walk past him. "But you're not coming in, you have to stay outside with the backup and let us do our jobs."

-----

Jungkook pulls the car up to a random building in a random town that I've never been to, one I never knew existed. The town seems nearly abandoned, which might be a reason why Taishi was never heard when she was screaming and pleading for a saviour.

"You stay here," Jungkook says as he opens the door to the car and steps out, closing the door behind him. He leans down and sticks his head in the window. "If I see you leave this car at any point before Taishi is out of the building, I won't hesitate to have someone shoot you or to do it myself."

"Yes, sir," I gulp, my voice a scared whisper.

Jungkook taps the side of the car before walking to some other police officers. One hands him a bulletproof vest and he slides it on without hesitation, wanting to protect himself as much as he wants to save Taishi.

Through the rearview mirror, I see a SWAT van pull up. The doors on the back whip open and multiple officers dressed in black uniforms jump out and move toward Jungkook and the other officer. My eyes widen at the large guns in their hands, some armed with grenades and smoke bombs. Others have battering rams, and a few have grappling hooks in case they need to enter the building from the roof.

If anything, this situation is a lot worse now than it was in the beginning.