thirty-four

"I feel weird," I say as I lay upside down on the couch, my head resting gently on the floor beneath me.

Jimin is sitting next to me, his legs resting on the table in front of the couch, his eyes glued to the tv. It's been three days since I've been stabbed, and the pain is going down drastically. I'm able to move more, but I still can't lift heavy things over my head until the wound is nearly fully healed. Even if I was able to, Jimin wouldn't let me until it was one hundred percent healed.

"Maybe because you're lying upside down," Jimin comments, a slight chuckle escaping his lips into the calm air.

I grab onto his arm and use it to pull myself up so I'm sitting next to him on the couch. "No," I giggle. I turn my whole body so I'm facing him and I poke his cheek. "I mean I feel weird with Yumi being not here."

"She's only at my house," he says softly, his hand coming to hold mine. "Do you miss her?"

"I mean, yeah," I respond. "But I like it when she's gone, it's quiet."

He chuckles before turning his whole body to face me. "What do you want to do today?"

I think for a moment before smiling widely at him. He rolls his eyes and waits for me to tell him my answer.

"You know I've been wanting to redo my room," I smirk at him. "I've been saving money for months, we have all the money we need to redo the whole room."

He shakes his head. "You're not doing any heavy lifting," he pokes my nose before standing up. He stops at the bottom of the stairs and looks at me. "Are you coming or what?"

I look at him with confused eyes.

"We have to clear out your room and tape off the walls before we can buy the things you need," he rolls his eyes before taking a step up the stairs. "You can help, but no heavy things."

I jump up with excitement and follow him to the stairs, running after him as he begins to run up to the attic room. We both crash through the door and I run to sit on my bed, knowing Jimin is going to let me do very little.

"Where do we start?" Jimin asks, clapping his hands together as he looks at me.

"We need to take apart the shelving, we're putting it all into storage and buying all new shelving," I say as I begin to point around the room at things as I speak. "Any clothing will be thrown into the closet, and the bed will be set in the center of the room until we have everything."

He nods and gives me a small salute before walking over to one of the shelves on the far side of the room. He begins clearing things from the shelves and putting them gently on the floor near where the bed is going to sit in the center of the room.

"Do you want me to help?" I ask as I begin to stand up.

"No, Taishi," he says without turning around, still continuing to remove things from various shelving units around the room. "You can help me put things together and take them apart. You can only paint as high as your arm bends, no higher. I will do everything else."

I sigh before rolling onto my stomach so I'm facing Jimin, my hands holding my head up as I watch his movements with full attention. Though I want to help, I'm not mad that he's forcing me to sit on my bed.