twelve

"You'll need to remove your shirt," Jungkook says as he plays with some things in his hands. He has a handful of wires, tape, and strange boxes in his hands, his long fingers playing with them with pure focus.

I frown as I look at him, and I turn my head to face Jimin who is staring at Jungkook with an evil glare.

Jungkook turns back to me and raises his eyebrow. "I wasn't kidding. I have to tape these to your skin."

I slowly reach towards the hem of my hoodie and pull it up, stopping in my tracks. "Jimin," my voice is quiet as I turn to face him. "Can you please leave? I don't want you to see my-" my breath shakes. "You'll only get angrier."

Jimin goes to object but nods when he sees the look in my eyes, pleading him to walk out of the room. "I'll just be in the hall," he says sweetly before walking out the door and closing it behind him.

I turn back to Jungkook and meet his eyes. I jump a little before raising an eyebrow. He nods before spinning in his chair so he's facing the other direction. I take a deep breath before lifting my hoodie over my head, the cold air of the room causing goosebumps to form on my skin.

"Jungkook," I clear my throat, placing my discarded hoodie down onto his desk. "You can turn around now."

He is hesitant to turn around, as he pauses for a moment before spinning the chair to face me. As he looks at me, his eyes widen before he shakes his head. "I'm sorry-"

"For which part?" I smirk. "Staring at my tits, or for all the bruises on my body?"

Jungkook chuckles nervously. "Both," he squeaks. "I swear I'm a gentleman," he grabs some of the wires from his desk and turns to me, his hands freezing in their tracks. "I have to- Uh..."

"It's fine, Jungkook," I say, my eyes meeting his for a moment before he begins to tape the wires to my skin in between my breasts and on my stomach. I flinch at the coldness of his hands and he apologizes, causing me to smile a little.

"If you don't mind me asking," Jungkook pauses for a brief moment, thinking carefully of his next words. "How long has he been-"

I cut him off, for I can see the pain forming on his face as he tries to say the next two words. "Ten years," I choke, tears beginning to form in my eyes. "It was fine when he first met my mom, but when he had my sister, it got worse."

"How old were you?" He's concentrated on not pressing too hard on my bruises, his voice soft as he speaks to me.

"Seven," I respond, holding back the tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.

Jungkook freezes and I watch as his eyebrows fall into a position of anger, his hands balling into fists before he tilts his head up to look at me. "I promise you, Taishi, I will never let that asshole touch you ever again."

I feel comfort in his words, his promise sinking in and lifting my spirit. Protection. He's giving me protection from something I've never been able to protect myself from until now.

-----

"You remember the plan?" Jimin asks as he looks at me, our bodies stiff as we stand at the front door of my house. My breath becomes shaky, and I feel Jimin's hands on my shoulders. "Taishi, Jungkook is across the street with his guys, the moment you say the word, they'll swarm in and everything will be over."

I nod before turning to the door. I take a deep breath and whip it open, dragging Jimin inside with me. The moment the door is back in its frame, Junsu's voice booms through the house.

"Fucking finally, Taishi!" He yells, his loud footsteps coming towards us, my heart beginning to race as they come closer. "I hope you didn't show your whore friend your bruises. Not like anyone believes you anyway."

Junsu stops in his tracks when he sees Jimin and I standing together in front of the door, his eyes turning angry when he sees Jimin in his presence and my bruise on display for the whole world to see.

"You're such a fucking idiot, Taishi," Junsu growls, lunging toward me, ignoring Jimin.

Jimin stands in front of us, catching Junsu off guard.

"I won't let you abuse her anymore, you monster," Jimin growls, pushing Junsu backward.

"Ten years and no one has protected her," Junsu laughs. "What are you gonna do?"

I watch as they stare at each other, anger filling them both to its capacity. I can't find the courage to speak, or to move, or to do anything. I'm completely frozen.

Junsu's hands lift and he pushes Jimin against the wall, pictures of the bad things he could do to him at this moment flooding into my mind. Jimin could get hurt and it would be my fault.

"Jail," I say, my voice loud, scaring all of us. Junsu pulls away from Jimin and turns toward me. I saved Jimin, now I need to save myself.

"What did you say?" Junsu growls, his body slowly nearing mine.

"Jail," I say again, less determined than before.

He laughs. "And how are you gonna prove it was me."

"You have very little faith in me, Junsu," I smile as I walk over to stand beside Jimin. He wraps his arm around my waist and smiles with me as we stare at the confused look on Junsu's face. "Jungkook," I say again, Junsu's face churning at the unfamiliar name. "It's time."