eleven

Jimin insisted that we go to the police station, so that's what we did.

As we sit in the car, Jimin paying attention to the road as he sits in the driver seat beside me, I can't help but stare at the dark bruise surrounding my left eye. The dark array of colours causing the natural blue in my eyes to pop, though it still isn't flattering. I trace my fingers along the dark bruise, wincing at the pain that sears through my eye.

"Stop looking at it," Jimin says suddenly, his voice sounding broken. My head turns to look at him and I snap the mirror above me closed before folding the visor back into place. "For the love of god, stop looking at it."

"Why?" I ask, lowering my voice. "It's not like I was pretty before."

Jimin slams the brakes, our bodies jolting forward from the force of the stop. He turns to me. "Taishi, you need to stop."

My heart begins to race in my chest.

"You are the most beautiful fucking person I have ever seen, okay?" He snaps, his eyes vibrating as he scans every inch of my face. "The bruise doesn't fucking make you any less attractive. Not to me."

We sit in silence and stare at each other for what feels like forever, the only sound we can hear is the sound of the other's breathing. I bite my lip, my eyes roaming down his delicate features until they land on his pink lips. I take a deep breath before lunging at him, capturing his lips with mine in a rough and passionate kiss.

At first contact, Jimin's body pulls back and he stares at me with wide eyes, staring at me for a moment to make sure that I was certain of what I was doing. He smiles and moves forward, his hand snaking its way under my chin before kissing me, our lips moving in sync.

Our kiss feels like it lasts forever, his soft lips moving against mine, his hands cupping my face gently, our minds ignoring the world around us.

The kiss actually only lasts a few seconds before Jimin pushes me away and turns back to face the road, an angry look in his eyes.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask, upset and confused. "Why are you angry?"

"I can't kiss you knowing that that bastard isn't behind bars."

-----

Jimin marches up to the desk at the police station, his determination showing in the way he walks. I follow slowly behind him, waiting for him to work whatever magic he said he was going to work.

"I need to speak to the police chief," Jimin hisses as he slaps his hands on the desk.

The receptionist keeps her head down, chuckling at Jimin's words. "No one just shows up and asks to see the police chief. That's not how this works, sweetie."

The receptionist raises her head and gasps when she sees Jimin, her eyes widening.

"I won't ask again," Jimin speaks deeply.

"I'm sorry, Jimin," the receptionist cowers, picking up the phone on her desk and pressing a few buttons. Jimin doesn't stop staring at her as she does so, his eyes full of anger. "Police Chief, sir, Jimin is here to see you."

There's a brief pause as she listens to the words of the chief on the other line.

"Yes, sir," she speaks, hanging up the phone. She looks up at Jimin, a fake smile forming on her lips. "He's in his office."

Jimin walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist before leading me towards a large glass door with shades covering it for privacy. He pushes the door open angrily and steps inside, pulling me along with him.

In the black chair behind the desk on the far side of the room sits a man with black hair, his back facing us as he stares at the wall behind him. He spins when Jimin slams the door and his black eyes stare at the both of us sternly.

"Jimin," he speaks, his sharp jaw moving smoothly as he talks to us. He moves his head to me, his black eyes moving up and down over my body before smiling slightly. "Ma'am."

"Cut the bullshit, Jungkook," Jimin growls stepping closer to the man at the desk. "I need your help."

"You need it?" The Chief, Jungkook, hisses back at Jimin as he stands up, his hands smacking on the desk as he stares angrily at him.

"I need it," I say sweetly as I step forward, standing in between the angry men. "I need your help, Chief."

Jungkook's face falls soft as he looks at me, and he sits back down in his seat. "Please call me Jungkook," he says before folding his hands together on the top of his desk. "How can I be of service?"

I look at Jimin unsurely, and he nods reassuringly, gesturing for me to speak to the man in front of us. I step forward, the light shining onto my face, illuminating the prominent bruise on my eye.

"I'm being abused at home," I say, Jungkook's face becoming angry. "By my stepfather."

Jungkook stands up, his hands slamming against the desk before he walks around it and stands in front of me. He cups my face and pulls my head to the side, looking at my bruise in better lighting.

He huffs out an angry breath before turning my head back to look at him, his black eyes staring into my blue ones. He strokes my cheek gently before speaking. "I'll do anything to put that bastard behind bars."

Jimin clears his throat. "Nice try, Prince Charming, but I already told her that."

"Oh," Jungkook chuckles, pulling his hand away from my face, turning to Jimin with a cocky smirk. "But, did you tell her about your criminal record?"

Jimin falls silent and I shake my head before stepping forward.

"Can you stop having an argument over who's dick is bigger and worry about the real issue here?" My voice is angry, I'm done with their shit. I take a deep breath and my voice cracks. "Can we just put him behind bars, please?"