seven

"That's all for today's lesson," Mr. Kim speaks as he shuts down the projector projecting the note onto the board at the front of the room. "No homework tonight."

A sigh of relief escapes my lips and I close my notebook before shoving it into my backpack. 

The bell rings and the class begins to leave, rushing to get to the cafeteria before the line gets too long.

"Taishi, Jimin," Mr. Kim speaks from the front of the room, his eyes looking in our direction. "Could you stay behind for a minute?"

Jimin and I share a confused glance before grabbing our things and walking to the teacher's desk, curious as to why we've been called upon.

"As you both know, Jimin is very far behind," Mr. Kim begins as he looks at Jimin and then back to me. "With midterms coming up in about a month and a half, you'll need to work hard to help him catch up in his studies as soon as possible. You'll have to work out a schedule for throughout the week and on weekends."

"I usually work throughout the week," I speak up, explaining my personal schedule so we can work out our own. "I do, however, have Monday and Friday off, as well as a free period at the end of the day."

Mr. Kim turns to Jimin and looks at him, waiting for him to answer. He raises his eyebrow at Jimin.

"I have all days off, I don't have a job yet," Jimin speaks, finally. "I also have a free period at the end of the day."

Mr. Kim claps with excitement before grabbing his briefcase and swinging it over his shoulder. "Now you know when each other is free, make a schedule and get caught up," he says and then he leaves the room.

I turn to Jimin awkwardly and curve the left side of my mouth upward.

"I'll let you make the schedule," Jimin says before turning to leave the room. "But, let's eat first. I'm starving."

Jimin and I walk out into the parking lot, roaming towards the back where all of the drug-addicted kids park, and I hear the sound of a car unlocking. I feel a hand on mine and turn to see Jimin pulling me towards a shiny white, very expensive car. He opens the passenger door for me and waits for me to settle in before closing the door and running to the other side.

As he pulls out of the parking space we're in, I notice how many girls are staring at me through the lightly tinted windows that have been rolled down to expose just to the tip of my chin. I turn away from their looks when I see the window begin to roll up, blocking them from seeing me fully.

"Ignore them," Jimin says softly as he takes his finger off of the button to my window. I smile slightly. "They don't deserve to look at you if they aren't being nice."

I smile widely at him. "You're a really sweet guy, Jimin."

He keeps one hand rested on the steering wheel and brings the other over to my hand, holding it slightly. "Thank you, Taishi," he smiles. "You're sweet as well."

"I never asked you," I say awkwardly as I pull my hand away from his, noticing his cheeks blush at his own actions. He hums as a response and keeps his eyes on the road. "How come yesterday you were dressed as a soft boyfriend type, and now you're dressed as some bad boy?"

He chuckles. "I dress like this so no one messes with me," he explains calmly, pulling his car into a parking lot and shutting it off. "If I dress like a bad boy, others will fear me and I'll have no issues with anyone."

I nod, playing with the ends of my hair, trying to avoid him as I notice him turn in his seat to look at me.

"Dressing like this helps me protect the ones I love," he says as he grabs my chin lightly and tilts my head up to look at him. He looks at me for a moment before slowly moving towards me. "I've been wanting to do this for a long time."

My body freezes in its spot, not knowing what to do as the beautiful boy moves closer to me, his body nearing me more and more as the moment's pass. Part of me wants to push him away, for I've wanted nothing more but to feel his soft and plump lips against my own. The other part of me, however, wants to push him away and tell him we're moving too quickly, we've only known each other for like two days.

Yet, my body does nothing. I do nothing. I just sit there, frozen.

Jimin reaches his other hand up and rubs it along my cheek before pulling away and pulling his keys out of the ignition. He opens the door and walks around to the passenger side, opening my door for me, smiling as he does so.

"What just happened?" I ask as I feel a hot blush creeping onto my cheeks. I turn to him, meeting his eyes and his just as pink cheeks.

"Sorry if I mislead you," he chokes before awkwardly clearing his throat. "You had an eyelash on your cheek."