seventeen

"You won," Jimin pouts, his arms crossing over his chest as he pushes out his plump bottom lip. "I guess this means I owe you a pizza."

I smile as I hand my bowling shoes to the lady behind the counter, along with a generous tip for her troubles.

"Taishi, dear," Jina says as she walks toward me, a phone in her hand. "Your mom is calling you."

"Thank you," I smile as I take my phone from Jimin's mother, my thumb pressing the answer button before raising the phone to my ear. "Hi, mom. How are you?"

"I sent Yumi to your grandparent's house," she says, her voice sounding broken. "Could you stay at Jimin's house another night, please? You can come home and get your things, but please don't go anywhere in the house but your own room, I don't want you to see me like this."

With those last words, the line disconnects.

"She hung up," I say as I slide my phone into my pocket. "Jina, I'm so sorry to ask, but can I stay at your house for another night? My mom isn't doing well, and she doesn't want me to see her in her condition."

"You can stay for as long as you need," she smiles widely, her bright smile almost blinding to the naked eye. "A friend of Jimin's is a friend of mine."

-----

Jimin and I walk into my house and go directly to the attic which serves as my room. I push open the door at the top of the staircase and walk inside, Jimin following slowly behind me.

"You have a whole floor to yourself?" Jimin gawks, his sharp jaw nearly falling to the floor.

"My mom bought the house specifically because I've always wanted an attic bedroom," I smile as I search through my closet for a bag to use. "We've lived here since I was nine."

"Your room is really nice," he says as he looks around. "But very-"

"Childish," I say, cutting him off. "I've been wanting to redecorate, but no one wants to help me."

"I'll help," he smiles. "Call me when you need me."

I nod before throwing my bag onto my bed. "Help me pack," I smile, cupping my face with my hands in an attempt to make me look cute.

He walks over to me and pokes my nose with a smile. "I'd help you with anything."

"Good," I say as I poke his nose back. "I'll throw you clothes, and you fold them to put them in the bag."

He nods before sitting on my bed beside the bag, ready to fold any clothes I throw at him. "Hit me."

I grab a pair of pyjama shorts before throwing them at him, the fabric spreading perfectly over the top of his head where they land. We both laugh before he takes the shorts off of his head and folds them.

I continue to grab things from my closet; pyjama tank top, track pants, leggings, hoodie, crop top, socks, underwear, jeans, bralette - various items of clothing to last me however long I need them to last.

After Jimin finishes folding the clothes and placing them in my bag, he stands up and claps his hands together.

"Anything else you need?" He asks, a smile on his face.

"I should probably bring my work uniform with me," I say as I walk into my bathroom and grab my uniform from behind the door. I throw it into my bag before carrying the bag back into the bathroom with me.

"What are you getting?" Jimin asks with a giggle as I close the door behind me.

"It's best if you didn't know, Jiminnie," I say as I begin to go through my cabinet to grab the things I need. I grab tampons, my specific female care body wash, birth control pills, and a few other things that I need to have on a daily basis along with deodorant and a hairbrush. I slap a few hair elastics on my wrist and zip my bag up before leaving the bathroom.

"Are you only bringing one pair of shoes?" Jimin asks as he looks through the shoe part of my closet. "I noticed that you wear shoes that coordinate with your outfits."

"I'll bring three pairs," I say with a smile as I walk over to where he's sitting. "White converse low-rise, black vans slip on, and my black Nike running shoes."

He nods as he grabs the shoes I mention and hands them to me, allowing me to throw them into my bag myself so he doesn't see the things I didn't want him to see.

"Are we ready to go now?" He asks with a smile, looking at the bag as I pick it up. "Do you need a phone charger? Laptop?"

I smile at him and go to grab my laptop from my desk, as well as the laptop charger and my phone charger. I throw them all into my bag and turn back to Jimin. "Now we can go."