thirty

"Do we get to go see mommy tonight?" Yumi asks as I pull the car up to the front of her school. "It's been a month since she's been gone."

I smile. "The doctors from the hospital called yesterday," I get out of the car and walk around to the other side to help Yumi out. "The doctors said we're allowed to go to see mommy now."

Yumi lets out a small squeal before jumping into my arms. "I'm so excited, Taishi!" She kisses me on the cheek before jumping out of my arms and onto the sidewalk. "You and Jimin should make cookies for mommy."

I chuckle. "Jimin and I can make them during our free class," I say as I kiss her on the forehead. "Now, go to class and learn some things."

"Love you!" She says before she begins to run away.

"I love you, too!"

-----

I walk into English, and quickly everyone is looking directly at me, not a single person's eyes looking somewhere else. It's weird that they're all looking at me like I did something wrong, I was suspended a month ago, so why is everyone starting to stare at me now?

One of the boys in the front row gestures for me to walk toward him. I walk to him and crouch down in front of his desk.

"I assume you know why everyone is staring at me," I say. It isn't a question, I can tell by his face that he knows something I don't.

"Alice is back," he whispers. "She came in and sat beside Jimin for a few minutes, and then she grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the room."

My eyebrows furrow with anger and my blood begins to boil in my veins. "Where is she?" I growl.

"I heard something about music class," the small girl beside him says, her voice fragile and soft.

"Thank you both," I say as I stand up and march toward the door. I pick up my speed the moment I know that no one else can see me, and I speed walk to the music room.

As I approach the room, I kick open the door and step inside. I see a few students practicing in there, but I also see one student stare at me with worried eyes.

"You!" I call as I point at the worried kid in the back of the room. "What do you know?"

"A-Alice and Jimin are in the gym," he says as he fumbles with the instrument in his hand. "She said there weren't enough people in here."

I growl before turning around and running toward the stairs, getting ready to run to the gym and retrieve my boyfriend.

As I reach the gym doors, I peer through the window to see Jimin and Alice in the center of a soccer match, just sitting in the center of the gym. Alice has her arms wrapped around Jimin, and Jimin is talking to her, his eyes filled with worry.

I push through the gym doors and place my backpack down on the floor. 

"Alice!" I scream as loud as I can. "What did I tell you about touching my fucking boyfriend?!"

The people running through the gym come to a screeching halt as my loud voice echoes throughout the gym.

"It's funny, Taishi," Alice says. "It doesn't look like you're gonna do anything about it."