fifty

Jimin and I sit in a stressed silence as he searches for the words to use to explain his past to me. The drink he got me sits in a glass in front of me, my eyes focused on it so I don't put Jimin under pressure by staring at him.

"It all started in tenth grade," Jimin speaks up, his fingers tracing gentle circles over the rim of the glass in front of him. "I know it was only two years ago, I know I fucked up. I was so head over heels, I became stupid."

A silence falls over the room but, as opposed to usual, I don't cut in to break it. Instead, I let the silence sit there, I let Jimin tell the story at the pace he would like to tell his story.

"I met a girl, and she managed to make me fall head over heels for her," Jimin laughs awkwardly, his head tilting back so he is looking at the ceiling, possibly to hold back tears. He lets his head fall back down, his eyes glued to the table in front of him. "After a few dates, she got attached to me, and I fell out of love. To make her happy, I stayed with her. I know it was a huge mistake, even then, I knew."

Jimin takes a deep breath before turning to look at me. The moment his eyes make contact with mine, they fill with tears. I quickly jump from my seat and wrap my arms around him, resting my chin on his shoulder to comfort him, my hands running soothing lines up and down his arms.

"It's okay, Jiminnie," I whisper, his head buried in the crook of my neck, his tears falling into a shallow pool around my collar bones. I keep my arms wrapped around him tightly, holding him as close to me as possible.

Jimin shakes his head into my shoulder, his fluffy hair tickling my neck as he does so. "I don't know why it's so hard for me to tell you," he says as he pulls away from my tight embrace. "I promised to tell you, and I'm keeping that promise."

Jimin sits back down in his seat, his hands rubbing along his face to remove of the tears still remaining on his skin. He takes a deep breath before turning to face me. 

"She got attached," he chokes. "I tried to be a good boyfriend, but it was so hard."

He adjusts his posture before clearing his throat, his eyes staring at the wall, not wanting to look at me so he doesn't cry again. "She abused me, Taishi," Jimin says in a low voice. "She threatened me with knives, it was so hard to leave her. I was afraid for my safety, I was afraid for my family. I didn't know what she would do when I left. I have a criminal record because one day I decided to defend myself, she blew the whole thing out of proportion and I was the one that got in trouble."

"But you managed to leave," I say in a sweet tone, my hand gently laying on top of his. "You made it."

Jimin shakes his head. "I was never free until recently," he mumbles. "I wasn't free until I met you."

"What does that mean?" My voice comes out as a confused whisper, my eyebrows scrunching at Jimin's words.

"Up until I met you," he takes a shaky breath. "I was still constantly struggling with my past. When I met you, you helped it disappear."

It doesn't matter that I don't know entirely what he's talking about. What matters is that I was able to help him free himself from the horrible things he went through in the past. I don't know how I helped, nor what I did to help, I'm just happy that I was able to.

"You don't even know how you helped," Jimin says, almost as if he can read my mind. "You've done so much for me, and you don't even know who you saved me from. You don't know how you've helped me."

"I don't need to," I shake my head, my hands coming up to cup his face.

Jimin moves my hands away from his face, his lips curling downward into a frown. "I won't be happy unless I know that you know just exactly how you helped me."

"Jimin, I-"

"It was Alice," Jimin snaps, his voice slightly louder than before.

My eyes widen and my blood immediately begins to boil in my veins. "She took the fucking time to come back? She's still obsessed with you, Jimin!"

"I know," he whispers. "I know."

"She tried to kill me just because you were nice to her and she got attached," I growl, my eyes burning with rage.

"Taishi, sh," Jimin says as he rushes to my side, wrapping his arms around me in a tight embrace. "It's over, all thanks to you. You saved me, you saved us."

Jimin's touch is calming to me. Just being held by him is enough to calm my nerves completely. Having him here is all I could ask for. Knowing that I was the one who saved him is a thought powerful enough to bring a smile to my face.

I spin around in his arms and look into his eyes, my lips still curved into a smile. As I look at him, I drop my smile down into a neutral look. 

"Park Jimin," I say, my voice serious. "From this moment on, I vow to protect you from your past, and from anything or anyone that may try to hurt you in the future. I promise to be there for you on your darkest and your brightest days. I love you, Jimin."

Jimin smiles widely at my words, his eyes lighting up with more happiness than I have ever seen. 

"Choi Taishi," he blushes. "From this day forward, I vow to give you the space and understanding you need when you're not feeling like yourself. I promise to help you through your toughest times and to love you no matter what you do or what happens to you. I love you, Taishi."

There were a few things we knew at this moment, things we would remember forever. We were the perfect couple, and nothing could come between us. It's almost as if we were made for each other like our relationship was planned this whole time.

At the end of the day, though many things have happened to us in the past, we both know that nothing past nor present nor future could break us apart. We are an inseparable couple, and no one can change that.

"I love you, princess," Jimin whispers, his arms pulling me into a tight embrace, his chin resting on my head.

I rest my head on his chest, enjoying his scent and the unconditional love he gives me. "I love you, too, milkshake boy."

-----

A/N: welcome to the end, everyone. Thank you all for finishing my first
work. Hopefully, you will stay with me to read the other works
 I will release in the future. I hope you enjoyed the ending more than I did :)