21. Don't marry him

Hlo darlings

I had written this OS for a competition. Now the competition is over so I posted it here. Hope who haven't read this yet, would enjoy it as much as those who have read it earlier.

ENJOY READING 💖💖💖
__________________________

Love ! A feeling that can make you powerful enough to touch the sky or, to make you so weak that you would feel worthless.

It's difficult to see your love leaving you, to see her getting married to another man. But Shivaay has to do it, for his friendship, for the love of his life.

He was a 10 year old kid, when he had seen an eight year old Anika for the first time. She was the daughter of her mother's friend. She became his best friend, his crime partner and his reason to smile and laugh.

Everything about her was unique and mesmerizing, be it her naughty antics to irritate him, her sweet and cute gestures, her weird faces that she used to make to make him smile when he was sad. She was so stubborn that she wouldn't leave him alone until he tells her the reason of his sadness.

He fell in love with her long time back, but never knew what she holds in her heart for him. He didn't know whether her care and gestures were out of friendship or love. He feared to tell her about his feelings, because he didn't want her to break their friendship too.

When twenty years of his life, his love for her became stronger. Her one glimpse always made him crazy but, his fear of losing her always stopped him from confessing his feelings.

He had a special love for poetry and she had always been his inspiration. His heart would whisper the words, only when her picture would be revolving in his mind. Anything and everything he ever wrote, was for her and because of her.

Then there was a day when he penned down something, imagining her sitting infront of him in a corner of their college library. Had it not been the librarian who came there to close the library, he would have been lost in his land. He forgot to take that little piece of paper with him which was the witness of his crazy imagination.

"Shiv ! Look what I've got. Somebody gave it to me. Oh god ! It's so so sooooo beautiful, so soulful and full of love." She chirped like a little bird, showing him a piece of paper.

I fail,
I fail miserably when I try to define the beauty of your pure heart...

I fail,
I fail badly when I try to define the innocence of your brown orbs...

I fail,
I fail so badly when I try to tell you the feelings my heart holds for you...

She repeated those lines He had written for her. He wandered who gave this paper to her. He thought, may be she got it from the library where he was sitting. Her happiness made him so happy that he forgot everything else. What mattered to him was that she was happy because of the words he had written for her.

It continued, he would write for her and she would smile reading it. He never told her that it was him who wrote these poetries for her.

She fell for him, for his words, for the feelings this unknown person poured out in form of words. Don't know why, but these words always reminded her of HIM. But her mind always told her that it can't be HIM, it can't be her Shivaay. She thought, her Shivaay thought her as his friend and nothing more than that. It was somewhere disheartening for her.