31.) Preparation

It was Friday, December 19th. Tomorrow is the school winter dance.
"After school, me and you are going shopping for tomorrow. I'm so excited!" Rhyme said.
"Same!" You said.
"I told you Tim would ask you out." Rhyme said.
"Oh, don't even get me started on TK." You said.
You still had a whole day of school to go through before you could go shopping.
Tim wasn't at school today because him and the newspaper team had to go somewhere and do a report.
Today is gonna be a boring day without Tim.
Without Tim's help in math, you did very bad in class.
"Practice math, you'll get better at it, they say!" You say throwing your paper at the end of class.
Next up was science.
You had to do a duo project and Robbie was your partner. In class you had to identify different kinds of leaves.
While you were looking at a leaf through a magnifying glass you saw Robbie staring at you out of the corner of your eye.
"What's up with you?" You ask.
"Oh-uh nothing." He says turning back to his work quickly.
"You got a date to the dance?" He asks.
"Yeah, why?" You ask.
"Oh. No reason. Who is it?" He asks a bit hurt.
"Tim." You say smiling.
"Wait, really? I-I thought you guys were just best friends?" He asks.
"We are. Well, maybe a bit more too. We both like each other so...yeah." You say blushing.
"Cool." He says coldly.
Oh my god. Does Robbie Robins like me?
Social Studies you just took notes the whole time.
In Literature you worked on a study guide. Robbie looked mad every time you looked at him.
"What color dress do you think you're gonna get?" You asked Rhyme at lunch.
"Mhm...I don't know I was thinking black or pink." She said.
"Nice. I don't think I could wear high heels though. I'd drop dead when I walk out the doors." You say laughing.
"How's it going with Tim?" Rhyme Asks raising her eyebrows.
"Well he's not here today so...how's it going with TK?" You ask in return.
"Great. He's amazing." Rhyme says dreamily.
During English, Ace would not stop talking about you and Tim.
"Are you gonna wear matching outfits?"
"Are you guys gonna dance?"
"Are you gonna kiss?!?!"
"Calm down." You say laughing.
"Sorry I've been waiting for this!" He says.
"Don't you have a date or something? Shouldn't you be focused on her?" You ask.
"Not really. Didn't ask anyone, but I know a lot of girls want to go with me. They'll come to me at the dance and we'll see what happens then." He says shrugging his shoulders.
During cooking you had to partner up with Drake because Tim wasn't there. In cooking today you had to make brownies.
"Who you taking to the dance?" You ask.
"Nobody. I'm staying home." He says.
"Why?" You ask.
"I don't do parties. Or dances. Why, you want me to go with you darling?" He says playfully.
"I already have a date, it's just it might be fun." You say.
"Let me guess, Tim? How could I have figured that out." He says sarcastically.
"Oh shush." You say blushing.
After cooking was over you met up with Rhyme in the front of the school and then you both went to the mall.
You searched for hours until you found the perfect pair of shoes and a dress. The dress was (your fav color) and had a matching pair of shoes. Rhyme had a nice black dress with black high heels. By the time you were done shopping you could basically drop dead from how much you walked.
"Want to get some ice cream?" You ask.
"Definitely, we deserve it." Rhyme says.
You both get ice cream and then sit in the food court.
"I'm so excited for the dance! It's like literally tomorrow. That is so close yet so far away." Rhyme says.
"And then Christmas is only 5 days after that!" You say.
"What a wonderful winter it is." Rhyme says.
And I get to spend it with the boy of my dreams.