64

AUTHOR'S POV:

Taehyung was seated far away from everybody else and was forcing his best smiles around the shareholders of KBE. It had been a tiring day for him but that was usual routine. Especially since she had stopped texting him. She had never known what every single message meant for him...

He had zero interest in the party where almost every man and woman was trying to match him up with a daughter or a sister. Their fake attires sickened him, how they tried to act as if they owned the world and yet they wanted so much more.

"Hey Taetae" someone tapped him on the shoulder. He didn't even bother to look at the source it had come from.

"Taetae it''s me. I'm sorry if..." a girl wearing an elegant beige gown stood in his front, leaning towards hi, forcing a full view of her cleavage that he wasn't interested in. "I said something to annoy you..."

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I... I'm Junmi, I sent you my picture!!" she said outraged.

"Oh" he leaned back and motioned his guards standing by his side to show the girl where she belonged. Away from him.

"Please come with us Miss, you aren't authorised to stay in the VVIP area. We'll show you to the guests' area"

"But hey...! Listen to me...!" she tried to reason with them but the held both her arms and as gently as the could manage, 'showed' her the guest area some hundred yards away.

"So embarrassing!" her friend who had been watching covered her face with a hand and moved over to another group of girls nearby.

"Boring, isn't it?" Jimin, who was one of the guests, seated himself near him after a few minutes.

Taehyung simply noded, looking at nothing in particular.

"Hey girls!" Jimin waved to the group of girls who were fawning over them. The girls giggled fixing their hair and walking towards them.

"Hey Jimin!" they greeted him " Loved your new album"

"Thanks. Care for a drink?" He asked.

"You can take them to the bar if you absolutely need that drink" Taehyung replied coldly and the girls looked at him in shock.

He was used to that. Girls preferred him over Jimin because he was more rich, but his cold attitude would make them end up loving Jimin instead of him.

"Come on Taehyung-ssi, it's just a drink" one of them pouted, doing aygyo.

Taehyung rolled his eyes wanting to puke and was about to leave there when he saw her standing near the entrance.

She was dressed in an everyday outfit, an extra huge white shirt and blue denim shorts, with a messy bun. Her hair was damp, probably because of the drizzle outside. Her eyes were looking desperately around when they met his.

"Y/n" He mumbled.

How did she get there? He was upset to see her there, because he didn't want to break her heart in case she tried talking to him. But at the same time he was glad to see just a glimpse of her. He tried to keep his expressions unreadable, only hopping that hs heartbeat was still inaudible.

"What?" Jimin looked first at him then following his eyes he saw her "Y/n?" He too seemed surprised

Y/n walked towards them taking quick steps but before she could reach him, a few yards away, a tall guy stopped her, blocking her path by standing in front of her. The guy talked casually to her, and it seemed they were having an argument. He turned around to look at him and Taehyung wasn't pleased to see that the guy talking to y/n was quite handsome.

His Jaw clenched and he stood up, wanting to get out of there already.

"Taehyung, I need to talk to you" She shouted behind him, making several heads turn in their direction.

"He doesn't know you, you dumbass!" the guy held her.

He looked at her, and he wanted to keep looking at her, and then hold her and kiss her in front of everyone and then take her to his place and do the talk in bed but he couldn't. He had to go through this pain so he could avoid more. He had to stop feeling for her so she could live her life freely and happily. She was too young to through the pain his love was going to bring her.

He got up, still his gaze locked with her and then without a word, started walking towards the exit.

"Taehyung wait! Let me go Minho!" she tried to walk towards him.

"What is wrong with you!" The guy held her arm but she was insistent."Fine! Go get yourself embarrassed I don't know you I need to pee anyway!!" he let her go and walked away towards the restrooms.

"Taehyung!" She followed him until they were outside and near his car "Taehyung!" She finally started running after him and grabbed his arm from behind.

"What do you want?"He asked coldly, turning around to face him.

"Was that you? Did you really dump me over a text?" She asked, removing the dampness from her face the drizzle had cause with her sleeves. Her teeth were clattering from the cold weather. How much he wanted to comfort her in that moment, but at the same time he had to push her away...

"Yes. I did."

Because I didn't have it in me to le go of you just like I'm trying to do now. I didn't have it in me to see you so broken. He thought.

She went back a few steps in shock and his heart broke into a million pieces when he saw those expressions on her face.

"Okay. If you don't want me then it's absolutely okay. No hard feelings" she said through pressed lips and it hurt him more. If she had cried, begged, asked him to not leave her it would've hurt him less.

Inadvertently, his hand reached out to hold hers, but she pulled it back.

"No." she whispered "You never loved me. It was just me. In this one sided love. You never once called me yours, you think I didn't notice when you introduced me as a friend to Jin? Oh, and you don't like crowds? I guess it's just middle class people like me who make those 'crowds' for you, because you seem really comfortable with these filthy rich people here! And it's absolutely okay if you wanna leave me because who wants a weirdo like me anyway..."

I do, Taehyung thought. I want you so so much.

"So you can leave me without feeling burdened. I'll pretend like none of this happened either"

"Good" he replied after a moment, buying himself a few extra seconds to study her face.

"Hmm" she huffed and went back a few steps as his chauffeur opened the door for him.

He looked at her once more before he got into his car and left.