66

AUTHOR'S POV:

He hated himself for leaving her like that and he hoped she'd be okay. He hoped the guy with her earlier would take care of her after getting done with the... washroom or wherever he went.

His car arrived at Kim Palace but he didn't want to go, something was gnawing at his heart. He just couldn't forget her face when he left her like that. So he sent the chaffeur away and started the car himself.

He didn't know where to go, his heart felt heavy. And he hated how he had made her feel. He just wanted to hold her and tell her it would be okay, even if it took everything in the world. She deserved at least that much for giving him so much happiness. He drove towards her apartment, and looked at her window but there was no light, where was she if not there? He tried calling her but she won't pick up. As-fucking-usual.

He went back to the venue of that charity event and looked for her but she wasn't there either.A guard told him he had seen the girl he had talked to, leaving with Park Jimin.

But she didn't know Jimin, right? She would've told him if she did. It must be another girl Jimin got hooked up with and took home to sleep with.

But Jimin knew y/n, he had heard him say her name when she arrived there... maybe he had a clue to where she went in that pouring rain after he left? She could have gone inside and left with the guy she had talked to earlier...

He drove towards Jimin's place and entered the code at the main door. He walked in, not even bothering to take off his shoes.
He heard talking voices coming from the bedroom. It wasn't his nature to evasedrop and he walked over there to throw Jimin's hoe out and talk to him but he stopped drop dead there when he heard her voice.

"Jimin..."

No.

She.... she would never do this to him, his fingers clasped around the door frame as his breathing became heavier.

But somehow, even in that moment when every thing told him otherwise, his heart still trusted her. He loved that little angel too much to not trust her.

"Y/n... he doesn't deserve you... I... I love you...and I can love you better. I can love you so much better. You just have come to me. He only knows how to break things. I don't wanna see you broken..."

"No..."

"Y/n, you're only going to get hurt out of loving him!"

"I know..."

"So let me love you. Babe..."

"Jimin please don't touch me...I respect you as a friend but that's all you'll ever be for me. I just can't love anyone but him even if he hurts me a thousand times..."

Why won't you give me just one reason to hate you? Why do I have to hate myself only for hurting you? Why do you have to make me believe every time that I don't deserve you?

"Just give me one chance... Just let me show you what we can be..."

"Taehyung...?!"

What? How did she know?

And then he noticed his hand was still on the door frame.

"What?"

"He's here...!" Her voice was a whisper.

"What?" Jimin repeated.

"Taehyung wait!..."

Oh God.

This was't what he had expected.

Yes, he was angry at the fact that she never told him she knew Jimin but... she rejected Jimin for him?

He had hurt her like shit and treated her so coldly and still she wanted to be loyal to him even when he abandoned her. He had treated the girls he dated before her so much better than her and still they chose Jimin over him because they believed Jimin could give them something in case they didn't meet the criteria of being Kim family's daughter in law and got rejected by his mom.

He moved out of there, not knowing how to act, wiping his eyes with hands. They must not see him like that...

There was only one thing on his mind, "I don't deserve her" he walked out with quick steps but stood there out on the pavement for sometime, trying to collect himself.

And when he heard her little foot steps following him, her voice calling his name he walked forward without even looking back, crossing the road and taking out the keys to open the door to his car, just so she couldn't see the tears threatening to leave his eyes and fall down.

"Taehyung listen to..." she tried to call him but couldn't complete her sentence.

Because it got obliterated by sound of screeching wheels, followed by a loud thud.

Taehyung stood there frozen, the keys falling down from his hand, afraid to look back breathing heavily.

No no no, his mind screamed. Please don't be what i think just happened.

No.

He turned around slowly and there she was lying on the road, in a pool of blood. Her tear filled eyes were open and still looking at him. The car who had hit her pulled back a little and then sped away, probably crushing her foot under the wheels right in front of his eyes.

That's when she closed her eyes.

"Y/n..." he breathed, a tear leaving his eyes and his lips trembling as he slowly slid to the ground with his back against the car.

"What...." a barefooted Jimin came running from inside the house towards them.

"No no no. Fuck no!" He yelled and went running to her. "She has a pulse do something!" He shouted at him.

Taehyung looked around, not knowing what to do. It was as if his mind had stopped functioning. In the same confused state, he took his phone out dialling for an ambulance and then slowly walked to where she lay on the ground drenched in mud, blood and rain water.

"Wake up y/n!" Jimin tried to shake her shoulder.

"Don't move her you can damage her spine" he mumbled.

"Fuck you Kim Taehyung!" Jimin shouted " if something happens to her imma break your neck"

"She's going to be okay. I won't let anything happen to her"

"What? What will you do huh? You think you can buy her life if... if... Your whole shit load of money can't buy her life. You... you..."  tears fell freely from Jimin's eyes, that were already puffy for some reason.

They heard the ambulance howling on it's way and then the paramedics hurrying over to her. Taehyung stood up himself while Jimin had to be pulled away from her.

"It's all your fault!" He kept shouting at him.

"Sir only one of you can accompany the patient" one of the paramedics told them.

"I'm coming with her in the ambulance he can use his car!" Jimin spat at him.

"SHE'S MINE! SHE'S FUCKING MINE AND SHE STAYS WITH ME AND THIS TIME NO ONE COMES BETWEEN US UNLESS THEY WANT THEMSELVES DEAD INCLUDING YOU PARK JIMIN!" Taehyung yelled at the top of his voice pushing Jimin away, who stumbled backwards, not being able to comprehend anything. It was the first time Taehyung had yelled, not only in front of Jimin, but in his whole existence. He pushed him away and got into the ambulance himself, and sat there holding her hand.

" It will be okay..." he held her hand against his cheek " it will be okay..."

"She's lost a lot of blood, it will take a miracle to save her..." one of the paramedics whispered to another and from the cold, pale hands of y/n he knew they weren't wrong.