67

Taehyung was pacing back and forth nervously outside the E.R where she had been taken in for emergency surgery and fluid replacement, his anxiety escalating with every second.

It was the first time he had felt so helpless in his life. The death of his father had been sudden, he didn't have to go through the torture he was going through right then. He felt so helpless, so insignificant in that moment, as if being he Kim Taehyung didn't matter at all. Because it didn't. He knew that the one thing he didn't have any power with was a situation like this. No about of money can buy life or prevent death and he was well aware of that, but in those moments outside the E.R, he just wished he could change this law. Just thinking he could loose her... that she would slip between his fingers just like that... was making him loose his mind.

Her beautiful laughter, her weird logics, her animated talk,  her face when she ate something good... everything about her... to think that he would never see that again...

And Jimin, who sat there with hands locked as if praying and rocking like a pendulum, was going through pretty much the same. He just wanted to see her, to be able to see her laughing again, even if she didn't choose him. Even if she hated him. Even if she didn't belong to him he just wanted her to be alive, just being under the same sky as her would be enough. He had shouted hoarse at Taehyung telling him it was his fault but deep down he blamed himself for it. None of this would've happened only if he had not let her go to Taehyung in the first place but then again, he had no idea he would fall that hard for her.

"Sir." The Senior Surgeon came out and addressed Taehyung respectfully, a sheen of sweat was visible on his forehead, showing just as much effort he had put in there because Taehyung had made it clear that he wanted only one answer, a positive one. " She is stable now" he told him.

"Thanks...Oh God thanks. Thank you so much" Jimin shook the surgeon's hand and hugged him too which left the doctor shooketh.

"Um my daughter is a fan of yours could you please sign her a ...?"

"Anything. Sure! There's no serious damage, right?"

"The complications had occurred because of a lacerated major vessel, and we got that under control pretty quick. But... her left kidney was injured, some tissue was damaged, so it may result in a bit compromised function in future. Her foot is okay too, surprisingly, but will need rest for a few weeks. Other than that she's completely fine"

"When can i see her?" Taehyung asked.

"It'll take some time for her to wake up since her body is still in shock. We've shifted her to the recovery room. You can see her whenever you wish to"

"I'll be with her..."

"It may take more time than a few hours. We can't say anything..."

"I'll wait..."

He went to the recovery room and sat beside her on the bed, stroking her hair.

"Hey..." he said looking down at her hand that still had the cannula "Are you still mad at me?" He asked kissing her hand, examining her face that had a tiny wound near her lip. "I know i did wrong but... i was scared... i was scared of things that you don't know, you can't understand... and that you'll leave me in the end... but baby, it's not going to be like that anymore. I'll not abandon you anymore... i'll never let anything like this happen to you again. I'll protect you from everything. No one will hurt you from now on unless they want to be destroyed. I missed you so much, so much, you have no idea what i went through. Just wake up already..." he kept whispering and kissing her hand.

He stayed there for sometime, watching her while sitting in the couch so she could be comfortable. And then suddenly the door opened and the same guy he had seen her earlier with him at the event came rushing in.

"Y/n you bloody idiot how could you let a car go over you..." he froze as he saw a tense Taehyung sitting in the couch, with his eyes red and hand clasped together against his forehead. 

"You're K... Kim Taehyung..." he stuttered "You know her..."

"Who are you?" Taehyung twisted his mouth asking him coldly.

"I'm Minho..."

Taehyung gave him a "and-who-the-hell-does-that-make-you? look.

"I'm her brother..."

"Oh... you're the guy who left home and she had to get herself a fish...?"

"Actually i told her to get one but... you're Kim Taehyung!"

"I know" he replied getting up. "I'll give you two some time" he patted the younger guy's shoulder and went out.

"I called her brother" Jimin told him, as he saw him in the corridor. They walked towards the exit and out in the lawns.

"How did you know?"

"He's a newbie idol. My manager knew his manager's number"

"How did you meet her?" Taehyung asked, sitting on the bench near him. "What relationship do you two have?"

"I met her at Mode, the day you were supposed to have a date with her. She was there with her brother, to get a dress"

Taehyung nodded.

"As to our relationship, well. In the beginning I didn't care much for her, like your other girls and she absolutely hated me. But i met her a few more times and as i get to know her more and more I just... realised that i had already fallen for her"

"Does she feel the same about you" Taehyung asked through gritted teeth.

"I wish she would. But she doesn't. She only cares about a jerk called Kim Taehyung"

Taehyung smiled. In that moment he was so proud of his girl. She had stayed loyal to him, and he was so grateful for that.

"You know you're one lucky asshole, right?"

"I guess i am"

"But that doesn't mean it's over, i'm still going to try and make her mine. Not because of that stupid deal or anything but because I genuinely like her"

"You have some nerve talking to me like that about her!"

"You know you can't hurt me" Jimin shrugged his shoulders.

"She's mine Jimin. She belongs to me. That is never going to change, whether you want it or not"

"What if she wants it?"

Taehyung looked down at the grass, chewing his lips. What would he do if at some point she actually wanted someone else other than him.

"Even then Jimin. Even then nothing will change" Taehyung replied in a raspy voice and Jimin knew he was serious. Taehyung got up from the bench and Jimin asked where was he leaving for.

"To get some... better fresh air" That was all he could tell him anyway.

A/N:

Omg I'm getting so many notifications I'm loosing track of all my pms and comments what's going on in here?!? 

BTS at this year's MMA was just so beautiful I'm ngdfbshdtfxcjmyfdfgcxjgsf

BTW we have only a couple or more chapters to go? Which makes me super sad but also kind of happy that this story is finally getting completed :')