71

YOUR (FIRST PERSON POV):

At the after party I sat nervously and alone at the round table placed at the very back, while the talented groups of guys and girls had their stuff going on, pretending like it was some award show or something. It had been the tradition at our school for years. Students performed, but mostly it was their family who would prepare something to cheer on the graduates. I know our school's crazy.

There was this guy junior than us, who had turned blonde for the event and was playing the role of MC. Nari, a cute girl from our class with purple hair from was with him too.

"The next song is for Hwang Haejin!" the guy announced.

A twenty five year old girl appeared on the stage and sang a song which was out of tune and almost equivalent of ear rape.

Then Lee Haera's mom appeared in a traditional dress with a hand fan and performed something. Right after that Junmi did a sexy sort of dance, with a song that probably went like "Bitch nanun solo". It was after a while I realised it wasn't "bitch" and she wasn't throwing shade.

"Alright hoes grab your seats 'cause we got the most talented boy right here who's gonna debut soon" the girl announced while the boy looked dumbfounded at her.

And then there he was, Jung Hoseok, dancing on that stage and even though I had gotten over him, I still had to admit, he looked amazing and his dance moves were so perfect. [Boy meets evil performance]

"Okay so now we have a really special performance. If your life is dear to you, please don't film it or you may find some guards pouncing... okay that was not part of the script , just don't film okay. And it's dedicated to you all know who" the Mc winked.

She moved away and then...

(I've removed the video because of copyright issues but y'all can watch it on YouTube it's the "Even if I die it's you" live performance 🙂)
The same performance except that every time Taehyung sings "it's gonna be you" he points at you and at the end, walks down the stage, through the crowd towards you instead of Jin)

My breath hitched in my throat as I heard his voice and looked up. He looked breathtakingly beautiful. And his voice was so beautiful and melodies. I had no idea he could sing so well. And what was up with Jin?

I sat there as if in a trance and as the performance ended, they walked towards me, Jin almost running at that, and engulfed me in a bear hug.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't attend your graduation," he whined.

"That's okay, at least you're here now" I beamed at him.

"You look so cute," he pinched my cheeks "Like a princess"

Taehyung looked at me too. It was as if he could only see me, nobody else.

"You came, even though you don't like crowds..."

"I would go anywhere for you..." he smiled.

"They'll be voting for the prettiest girl and most handsome guy next"

"Well I know who the most handsome guy here is tonight. I am " Jin smiled.

"And I know who the prettiest girl is" Taehyung kept looking at me.

"Don't tell me it's you?" Jin asked him, faking shock.

"Seriously Hyung? We're leaving" he held my hand.

"But.. but the thing... let me at least..." he left Jin there and walked outside the arena to where his car was parked.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see" he replied.

We kept driving for some time and kept talking about how the performances before them were while he drove silently and would smile at most things I said. The car came to a stop and next thing we had to take the cable car. I realised where we were headed. But I kept silent, because the city lights below us were spreaded out into a breathtaking view and had me speechless.

"Taehyung..."

"Hmm?" he asked, standing behind me with his hands placed on the glass, trapping me between them and his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see"

"We're going to Namsan, right?"

"Maybe" he chuckled.

Sometime later we were standing at the exact same spot I had taken him to, before the accident.

"Please don't tell me your feelings changed and now you're here to unlock your..."

"I could do that, after all I didn't throw away the key?"

"Yes... but.. um... you won't be able to find the lock!" I said firmly.

"Hmm, that's why..." he pulled the key out of his pocket, held it in front of me so I could see it really was the key from the lock I had bought for us and then flung it away.

"Uh.. I hope it doesn't hit someone in the eye"

"Ouch I never thought about that" he scratched his head.

"Taehyung, why did you do that?"

"Because y/n, my feelings aren't going to change either." he took slow but deliberate steps towards me, keeping his gaze locked with mine. "I'm never going to let go of you again. Ever" he pulled me towards himself in a swift movement, taking my breath away as my chest crashed against his.

"Taehyung..." I breathed.

"And also because I don't want Jimin to find my key, remove my lock and replace it with his"

"That's the most illogical thing I've ever heard!" I giggled.

"But there's a possibility, right?"

"Nope. No one can replace you Taehyung. No one" I looked into his beautiful eyes and smiled.

He cupped my cheeks.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked that familiar question.

"How deep are you going this time?" I bit my lip and smirked.

He chuckled and pulled me in a hug, kissing my forehead.

"Taehyung... I'm scared" I said after some time, with my head placed on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Of what?"

"What if.. what if things go wrong? What if someone comes between us? What if..."

"Baby the only one who can take you away from me is you. If only you stay by me, everything will be fine. Just.." he held my hand, linking our fingers together " Keep holding it like this and I'll take care of everything else. You don't have to worry about one single thing baby girl"

I could feel the sincerity of his words through his heartbeat, as the snow fell around us. In that cold weather, he was all the warmth I needed. I don't even know what did I ever do to find someone like him. A love that was so sweet, so pure, and yet so sinful at moments.

It wasn't just a text to a wrong number that brought us together.

It was destiny.