A Friendly Kiss

The boring meeting went on forever. Lucian started to wonder if it would ever end. His brother managed to slip away flashing him a playful look. He couldn't stay mad at Noah though. He had a family to go home to. That being said he also had plans. Scarlett didn't look annoyed, she was quietly sitting beside him typing away to note down anything of importance. He could smell her subtle floral perfume. It was a fresh scent and luring him in. He tried to ignore the woman beside him and decided it was time to end this meeting.

"We all need to take a step back and think this through." He got to his feet, straightened his navy jacket and flashing them a polite smile, "The next time we meet up I want you to pitch this idea."

"Yes, sir."

Scarlett closed her laptop and offered to walk the marketing team to the elevator. While Scarlett was being the perfect host Lucian grabbed his phone which beeped, telling him he received a message. A message from Dawn. He wouldn't meet up with her today, eating out with Scarlett was more important. He let the little vixen know he couldn't make it tonight. She replied immediately that she understood. He pocketed his phone and turned around when he heard heels clicking away.

"Should we leave in half an hour?" He asked her.

"Sure." Scarlett agreed, she grabbed her laptop, "I'll email you the notes of this meeting."

"There is no rush."

He let her walk out of the conference room first and followed after her.

"It's okay, I rather get it done today."

He smiled at her, "Okay, thirty minutes." He reminded her.

"Got it!"

He chuckled hearing the huff in her voice. He left her to it and strolled to his office. He made use of his private bathroom in his office to freshen up. He refreshed his cologne and made sure his hair was still perfect. He then sat back down in his desk chair and read through a few emails. Twenty minutes later he received an email from Scarlett. He opened it and saved the document attached to it. She proved to work well under pressure. He was so proud of her. She was definitely as good as Lara. He didn't dare to say she was better than his old assistant. Lara had been amazing and he appreciated that the woman helped him out. He shut off his laptop, grabbed his things and left the office. He met up with Scarlett at the elevator. She looked up from her phone and smiled at him.

"I'm so hungry." She admitted to him.

"Me too."

"That was the longest and most boring meeting I have ever attended."

He raised an eyebrow at her, hiding his smile when he noticed the surprised look in her eyes. Maybe she forgot for a split second that he was her boss and not her best friend whom she could share secrets with. Her wide eyes and pink cheeks were adorable though. He rarely got to see her so flustered.

"Was it now?" He asked.

She pressed her lips together, probably thinking of an excuse. She ran her fingers through her hair and flicked to the side. She looked like a freaking model like always. When the elevator doors slid open he stepped aside and gestured for her to step in first.

"After you, Miss Archer."

She cleared her throat, wrapping herself up in her long beige coat and stepping into the elevator. He followed after her and pushed the button to the lobby. The door slid closed, trapping them together in a very small space while Scarlett felt like hiding from him.

"I didn't mean it like that." She muttered in such a quiet voice he barely heard her.

"Sorry?"

He heard her but he was having fun at her expense. It was what she deserved after she teased him about the marks Dawn left on him. He still wasn't happy about that. He knew he didn't want to spend time with her right now due to her claim on him. It was childish of her. Something he didn't expect her to do. He could have met up with her after dinner with Scarlett, he was sure that wouldn't run too late but he decided not to meet up with her at all. Deep down he knew why but he wasn't going to admit that. It would be a Michael move and he always thought he was different.