Tiny Human

Noah and Kim invited Lucian over for dinner. Kim mentioned that Scarlett was invited too. Lucian did want to ask Scarlett to tag along but in the end, he didn't. He figured the girls preferred it to spend some time alone with him.

Olivia surely would.

Kim looked surprised when Friday night he came over alone. She looked over his shoulder to double check Scarlett wasn't there.

He flashed her an apologizing look, "I didn't ask her." He admitted to her, not wanting to lie about this because surely it would come back at him and bite him in the ass, "I thought I'd spend some time alone with the girls."

Kim accepted that excuse, holding the door open wider and motioning to him to come in. he stepped inside and was instantly hugged by Lily who came over running and wrapping her little arms around his waist in a tight grip.

The girl was stronger than she looked.

"Uncle Lucy, you're here!" She cheered.

He ruffled her hair, "I'm here." He cheered too, "Something smells good."

She looked up at him with bright, wide eyes, "I made cookies together with mom and Liv."

"Liv still in the kitchen?" He asked.

Olivia was always very responsible though she could be childish too. Her dislike toward Scarlett showing she was still just a kid. It was fun to watch these girls grow up. He could remember the day he first held Olivia in his arms, afraid he'd hurt the little baby.

Kim scolded him, the only way she could to make them behave and see reason.

Lily pulled away from the tight hug and grabbed his hand, "Come on, I need to show you the cookies we made." She tried to drag him along.

He humored her and let the little girl guide him to the kitchen. Olivia's eyes brightened when she noticed him. He had to bite back a laugh when the little girl much like her mother tried to glance behind him to see if Scarlett was there.

"I'm alone tonight." He told her, "So you have my full attention." He grinned.

He had to let go of Lily's hand when Olivia threw herself at him and hugged him tightly. It was not as tight as Lily's hug but just as warm and loving. He loved these girls much like they were his own daughters. He was sure once he had a kid of his own Noah would be just as overprotective over them.

"I'm glad you're here," Olivia admitted to him.

Noah who stepped inside the kitchen laughed at that, "Glad that Scarlett isn't here?" He asked, making his eldest daughter glare at him.

Lucian ruffled her hair, "That's okay." He reassured her.

"Girls, mom asked if you two want to set the table." Noah opened the cupboard and grabbed the plates they were going to use tonight, "Be careful." He warned them when they quickly went to work, looking excited to set the freaking table.

He nearly laughed.

While the girls were busy, arguing about plates and utensils, Noah turned to look at him, "So, no Scarlett tonight." Noah concluded, "Should we be worried?" He asked.

"Not at all, I just wanted to spend time with my family without my girlfriend being here."

Noah nodded, "Fair enough."

Kim joined them in the kitchen too, "I'm going to make sure those cookies aren't burnt to a crisp." She informed them.

"How is Rose?" Lucian turned to look at his sister-in-law.