A Big Family

The honeymoon came to an end. Lucian would miss spending time with his wife without a care in the world. He didn't have to think about work or keeping his family happy. He loved spending time with his family but it also meant that he couldn't dedicate himself as much to Scarlett as he wanted.

She didn't seem to mind spending time with his family though so he knew it didn't matter if they were always occupied with everyday life.

It motivated her to do better. She was always busy, thriving under pressure and taking charge. She was strong, but he knew that the Scarlett he knew also had a sensitive side. Sometimes a bit childish and always playful.

When they took a flight back home he could tell she was excited to get home. It made him chuckle and shake his head at her. He wasn't longing to go home while she was cheerful and grinning from ear to ear.

"I must have done something wrong." He trailed off.

She glanced at him as they collected their suitcases, ready to head home and settle in.

"What do you mean?" She didn't get what he was trying to say, the confusion on her face very cute.

"You seem happier home than when it was just the two of us."

She closed in on him, grabbing onto his jacket and tightly holding on. He didn't say it to make her panic about their relationship. It had been a joke to lighten the mood.

"I liked being alone with you!" There was the side of her she always tried to hide from others. She was always so well put together but she lowered her mask when she was with him. It told him how close they actually were, "You know I just can't sit still. It's who I am, it had nothing to do with you."

He couldn't listen to her bring up excuses anymore. It didn't matter because he did know her. He knew going on this honeymoon would be challenging for her. Wanting to make her shut up he placed his hand on the back of her head and kissed her.

The kiss was a bit harsh but it got the message across. She softened in front of him, giving into the kiss without hesitation. He meant to kiss her just to shut her up but things were heating up in a public place. He needed to remind himself that they were out in public, in a very crowded place too.

Pulling away he tensed when he heard a little squeal which was all too familiar to him.

"Ew!"

He glanced down, holding back his laughter as he watched Lily with her hands covering her eyes. She stuck her tongue out looking utterly disgusted. Grinning he pulled away from Scarlett and leaned down to wrap his niece up in his arms.

"I missed you." He told her, hugging her tightly.

She quickly returned the hug, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I missed you too!" Her sweet voice so high-pitched he could barely make out the words.

"Lily!" Noah came rushing to them, looking out of sorts, "Don't just run off like that. Do you know how worried mom and I were?" He asked.

Lily didn't seem to understand why his brother was upset. She pulled away from him to look at her father with that innocent look in her eyes.

"But uncle Lucy-"

"I know, but you can't run off on your own like that, okay?" Noah tried to keep it together, he could tell that his brother was trying hard to keep his voice quiet and calm, "You need to close to me or your mom when we're in crowded places like this."

Lily nodded, looking at her feet while her eyes teared up. She was ready to cry. He knew Noah was right and he should leave Lily be to think things over. He couldn't leave her like that though. He picked her up effortlessly which made her face lit up again.