Christmas Party

Today was the Christmas party. Initially Lucian wasn't looking forward to it, it was too stressful for his liking but as he waited in Scarlett's living room for her to join him he got pretty excited about it. She showed him the dress she'd wear when they tricked his mother at the beach house. She told him he needed to match his suit to her dress.

That wasn't too difficult since he wore a classic tuxedo.

He was excited to see what she looked like the dress. He had seen her in her professional wear and also in her casual wear. She looked pretty in both of them but now he'd see her in a fancy dress which showed a bit of skin and he couldn't wait to see her in it.

She definitely got under his skin.

He shifted in his seat, grabbing his phone to check his messages. He smiled as he read the messages he received from his sister-in-law. Kim was also excited to go to this Christmas party today. He knew it was hard on them raising three kids and working fulltime too.

I made a promise to Liv the other day.
How about next weekend you and Noah go somewhere nice and I'll watch the girls?
That way I didn't exactly break my promise to Miss Olivia.

Lucian

He could imagine Kim laughing at him. Kim was a lovely woman but sometimes her sarcasm was too much for him to understand. Sometimes he wondered if she was joking or that she was being serious. He supposed that was what she was aiming for.

It was still very confusion though.

Liv is very upset Lucy.
She's been talking about your outing every night before bed.
Complaining that her uncle Lucy never comes over anymore.

Kim

He frowned reading that. There it was, he didn't know if Kim was serious or that she was just messing around. Clearly his dear sister-in-law would get along great with Scarlett. They were on the same level of messing with his head.

"I'm ready."

He pocketed his phone and raised to his feet, his eyes wandering her from head to toe. Her dress hugged her curves, fitting her like a glove. Her hair was down with soft curls and her makeup was subtle but still noticeable. She looked absolutely stunning.

He was blown away by her.

Her lips curled up to a smirk, "You okay?" She asked, "Do I need to get you some water."

Last time she said that to him was when she surprised him in his office. The smug look on her face told him she was well aware of what she was doing. He shoved his hands in his pockets and narrowed his eyes on her.

"Hilarious, Miss Archer." He tried to keep his gaze as steady as possible, "While you look very lovely tonight I'd suggest you get your things. The guests are supposed to enjoy tonight, we're still working." He reminded her.

Scarlett didn't hurry it up even though he suggested so. Instead she closed in on him, placed her hand gently against his chest and pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth.

"You look handsome like always." She whispered to him.

He leaned in, wrapped up in her sweet perfume. Her warmth was very welcome but if they stayed like that a second longer he'd do something he shouldn't. At least not right now. Clearing his throat he broke the moment between them.

Scarlett pulled away, not looking too happy with him for breaking their little moment.

He pretended not to see and grabbed her clutch which she had dropped on the couch along with her long coat to be close to him. He handed her the small black clutch and then reached for the coat. He draped it over her shoulders and leaned in, pressing a kiss to her cheek which she had not been expecting.