Shady Restaurants and Proposals

It wasn't about pride or reluctance that he didn't push Dawn to have a test done. He wanted it to be her choice. Emma, however, insisted because he could understand that as a mother she only wanted what was best for him. He still didn't push Dawn though.

He did set up a meeting with their lawyers. When two men and a woman of their legal department walked through the doors followed by Scarlett who let them in, being the good hostess, he flashed her a reassuring smile.

Scarlett had no idea what was going on, she looked curious and she'd definitely question him later. He waited for his assistant to leave the office, watching her slowly back away and close the door behind her. He had to hold back a laugh when she glanced over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes on him.

She didn't like not knowing everything that was going on at the office. She was good at her job because she was aware of every single thing. Flickering his eyes to the people who were trying to get comfortable in his office he flashed them a polite smile and discussed the details of his current situation.

The lawyers he could trust, they wouldn't spill anything. He felt like he could talk freely to them and let them know exactly what he wanted. When they left the office Scarlett saw them out, still throwing him curious looks.

He smiled and sat back down behind his desk, going through a very long email his brother sent him. It felt like Noah was punishing him, maybe his brother subtly was.

Scarlett walked in quietly, closing the door to his office even quieter. She made her way to his desk and sat down, eyeing him up and down. He tilted his head to the side, mirroring her curious gaze. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"The lawyers?" She questioned.

He was in a playful mood so he did what Scarlett would have done.

"The lawyers?" He repeated as if he didn't know what she was talking about.

She slammed her hands down on his desk, "Don't play with me, Starr."

He raised his eyebrows at her, "Excuse me?"

Realizing what she had done she leaned back against her chair and flashed him an apologizing smile, "Sorry." She mumbled.

"That was a private matter. Mom wanted me to make up a contract to ensure Dawn won't be able to get any money out of this."

She stared at him with wide eyes, probably not believing he'd set a meeting up like that. Scarlett at a loss of words was a sight to behold. Yet recently he came across that Scarlett a lot more.

"So you're going to make Dawn sign a contract like that?"

"I am not forcing her to do anything, I'm not a brute."

"I know." She whispered, "It surprises me that you're taking your mother's advice."

He didn't want to take Emma's advice but his mother only wanted what was best for him. He could make up a contract and talk to Dawn about it. It was up to her to either sign it or not.

"I can at least meet up with the lawyers, make up a contract and discuss it with Dawn"

She was hesitant but she did speak up, "It is good that you're doing that."

She then backed away and gestured behind her, "Then I'm going back to work."

He nodded, trying to hide his smile, "Okay."

Scarlett slowly backed away and closed the door quietly behind her. She was pleased with his response but he also knew that she was careful. The subject about Dawn and the baby was sensitive and even though things were good between them, he knew she didn't quite dare to talk about it.