Emma's Breakdown

Picking Scarlett up to head to the office together was the worst idea he ever had. Unlike him, Scarlett was full of life this morning. She was chipper and giggly and all over the place, he couldn't quite keep up.

He needed coffee.

"So you love me." She stated.

He could feel her eyes on him, but he refused to look at her. He wasn't ready for this conversation, especially not in front of his driver. Scarlett, however, didn't pay much attention to the man driving the car. She was completely and utterly focused on him.

She was demanding his attention and since he couldn't quite keep up with her he caved.

"You heard what I said."

She wasn't letting it go though, "I'm not sure I heard you right."

The tease wanted him to say it again, loud and clear. Whoever said she was nice and capable and the best assistant he had in a while was out of their mind. That included him, but he already acknowledged he lost his mind when he decided to chase after the woman who worked for him.

That was an inappropriate relationship which he never would have indulged in if it hadn't been for Scarlett.

She just had a way with him.

He sighed, lowering his phone and giving her the attention she demanded of him, "I love you, Scarlett Archer." He said loud and clear.

A smirk tugged on his lips when he noticed how shocked she was. She didn't think he'd state that so loud and clear in the back of his car. Served her right for pushing him.

"When you near a coffee shop could you pull over?" He asked the driver, ignoring Scarlett who was still gaping at him, trying to process what just happened.

"Yes, sir."

Scarlett glanced out the window, giving his shoulder a push rather harshly, "We're nearing the office, I can just make you coffee there."

He rubbed his shoulder, sighing again. He really needed that coffee, he couldn't deal with Scarlett who seemed to be high on life right now.

Confessing his love to her wasn't happening again anytime soon. It appeared to make her behave like Lily. He could tolerate that kind of behavior from his niece since she didn't know any better at that age. Scarlett, however, would wear him down until there was nothing left for him to give.

She was dangerous this early in the morning.

"Don't listen to her." He told the driver, "Just pull over."

Thankfully the driver listened to him and pulled over. He got out of the car and leaned in to look at the pouting Scarlett.

"You want anything?"

She narrowed her eyes on him, "No, I'm good, Mister Starr."

He flashed her a bright smile, "Okay, I'll be in a minute."

He chuckled when he heard her muttering under her breath. He got on her nerves now, it was good that he was able to turn the tables. He bought an espresso and strolled back to the car. He was greeted by Scarlett who was leaning against the side of the car with her arms folded across her chest. Her boobs were straining the fabric of her pale pink shirt.

She knew what she was doing.

He didn't close in on her, instead, he stood before her and sipped his coffee.

That was good, he just needed to toss it back. It would help him deal with Scarlett and her mischievous ways.

"Good?" She asked.